Another sneaky recruiter tactic exposed

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ronman105, May 9, 2019.

1. Ronman105

Ronman105 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    So I've been searching for a company for a while now that fits my current situation. I was looking at one in NC after hours a few nights ago and requested through their website that someone contact me. Yesterday I'm literally getting ready to pull out of the terminal parking lot at a shipper and I see a NC phone number pop up on my phone. I never ever answer 800 numbers but thought I'd do it this once since it looked as if the NC company I was interested in was calling me. So I answer and the guy said in a strong accent that he was responding to my request for information. I couldn't understand what company he said he was from because my engine was running and there was a lot of background noise on his end that sounded like he was in a telemarketing center. Also, I'm caught in an off-guard moment and have to pull over so I'm already distracted. However, red flag #1. However I answer his questions (no personal information given or asked for) and agree to allow him to send his carrier packet to my junk email account. I have two, one for crap and one legit email address. So the packet is from "Owner Operator Land" who is a driver recruitment service and every name on the paperwork is foreign. Red flag #2. I thought maybe the company I was interested in outsourced to them somehow but that's not the case. They do their own hiring. Besides, O/O Land was quoting much different numbers and their answers were different than the other company. Red flag #3.So they used a super cheesy tactic by saying "I'm responding to your request for information" and caught me at the perfect moment so they could try to bait me. If I ever requested anything from them it was so long ago that I don't remember it. The ironic part is their number came up as the same place as the other business is located so that's the weird part. But once again, they are completely unaffiliated. I just thought I'd put this out there in case any of you run into the same bs.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    All you have to do is a search for something and you will receive more answers than you want.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.