Another Wonderful Trucker Story - Wish there were more

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by nwoods, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    This is a very touching and heartwarming story that shows even tough truckers have a big heart, however I must admit that when I first started reading it I was immediately reminded of Red Sovine's song "Teddy Bear", which is also a very touching and heartwarming story that shows even tough truckers have a big heart. Unfortunately, both are fictitious.

KC, we can always count on you to call out the BS.

So what's the moral here? How about everyone who reads this makes an effort to do something above and beyond your normal life. Give that little something extra to brighten someone's day. You never know, it might just change their life. I'm just as guilty as others are at being selfish and thinking only of what I need out of today, but it's funny how when I stop and think of someone else's feelings and do something above and beyond, I feel better about me. And I'm not saying, donate a $100 tip to the next waitress at a truckstop. Sometimes a simple smile accompanied by a geniune thank you is all it'll take. So g'head, tell that waitress you appreciate her efforts (even if you did only eat the buffet and all she did was bring you a glass of iced tea and the check.), tell that person behind the fuel desk to have a nice day as you sign your fuel receipt. I dare ya!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    We need everyone to be nice and the world would be allot happier and wealthier:smt038

I DID LIKE THE STORY, I DO WISH IT WAS TRUE BECAUSE I LIKE TRUE STORIES, BUT IT DID TOUCH MY HEART ANYHOW!:faroah:

4. Sparky1982

Sparky1982 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Jackson, MI
    Unlimited bandwidth is the biggest web hosting scam on the internet. Read the fine print, and you will notice they put a little spot in there for "reasonable amount of bandwidth", with no definition of "reasonable". More than likely your site is not using crap for bandwidth so they do not bother, but if your site gets as big as thetruckersreport.com, you will be cut off at the web hosts convience.

Typically a single webhosting server is allocated between 500gb - 1000gb of bandwidth. That has to be spread between every person on the server. A 10Kb image accesssed by 100 people would be equal to 1mb. So you can image the amount of bandwidth a website that sees thousands a day takes up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.