Any self dispatch companies besides Landstar.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by CruzControhl2, Apr 8, 2024.

1. CruzControhl2

CruzControhl2 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2023
    North America
    As the title says I wanted to know if there are any reputable companies comparable to Landstar mainly the self dispatch portion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MiFamilyGuy

MiFamilyGuy Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Cloud Trucks is all self dispatch. It's mainly spot market, but they were starting to get some direct customers when I left last year. The only downside was that a lot of brokers wouldn't work with them. They might have improved their safety score since then.

CruzControhl2 Thanks this.
  4. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Ace Duran?
    Bennet?

5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Schneider is essentially’point and click’ load board operation too, is it not?

CruzControhl2 and 77fib77 Thank this.
  6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    @Opus was on with them.

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yep. Very friendly. I could go weeks without talking to anyone and never stop rolling.

You could look at a load, say going to OKC from Dallas.....picks up on the first, delivers on the second. Then look at the loads coming out of OKC on the 2nd to see if there was any decent freight coming out. I've booked a week at a time before.
    Very friendly.

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yep, I was leased onto Schneider when they started the Choice Program. I wasn't one of the original 50 because I was on a local account and home daily out of the Greensboro/Charlotte rail. Then instead of having a dispatcher out of Charlotte, we started being dispatched out of Atlanta and, it all went downhill from there. So, I went to choice. At the time, you had to live in a certain area. It had its flaws, I remember I took a load to Fontana. Delivered on a Thursday and had a load going NY picking up Monday. I asked the box team Sunday where to get an empty trailer...they told me "oh that load I was picking up moved to going on rail instead". Lots of stuff like this went on. We used to be able to just drop our truck off at an OC and get it worked on at very discounted rates. Charlotte had the best mechanic named Lawrence.

Vampire and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Schneider, JB hunt, USA Truck/DB schenker, F2F, Advanced Trucking, Dart transit are some that I've found recently.

unloader

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.