Any who use the phyical standards test discrimation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by The Patriot, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    its all about putting more lawsuits on the trucking industry.
    these big companies are making an effort to hire veterans and they are also fighting lawsuits from female workers,people wanting workmens comp and accidents.
    you have to look for a beef .
    maybe you can do some good with your free time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Me thinks you might be a mega fan...but I digress...
    It is not about the industry but certain companies... As to woman that would be a civil rights law suit.
    These megas think somehow they are above the law...er...no! If they cannot follow the laws...maybe they should be sued out of existence to make way for better paying and more law abiding companies.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    MiRig2017 Thanks this.
  4. MiRig2017

MiRig2017 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2017
    U.S.A
    Almost everyone has some type of disability, have you seen whats in our White House the last 20 years?

5. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

Unfortunately, someone needing a job and a company worried about someone getting hurt may not agree on what's reasonable.

I have a friend who wanted to be a firefighter. She tested and failed. She then complained enough that the department had to revise their test for women. So the women who applied were now required to do far less physically than the men. As in almost HALF the weight carrying capabilities.

Some people would find that reasonable. I just hoped I was never caught in a fire and needed help because it might be her I would have to rely on to carry my ### out of there.

I understand it sucks when you are disabled and unable to perform like you once could. Unfortunately that puts limitations on what you can and can't do. But in all honesty, if you can't do the required job because of your disability, you should not be treated any different then than the next person who can't do the required job just because they can't.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    They are many drivers out there that are disabled. Missing limbs, limitations, etc. they applied for and got FMCSA waivers. Now the companies that hire will look at your disability and determine if you still will be able to do the job. If you cannot pull a 5th wheel, what can the company do to get around this? Hire someone to ride with you? If you are disabled can you toss a 200lb tarp?

There are many women in trucking (WIT) and they get along fine right beside the men in the jobs they do.

So do we need Lawsuits to further burden the industry? I am disabled and I do have a Handicap sticker, I know my limitations and if I applied for a job then I would seek a job where my limitations would not hinder me. I know what is involved to drive a truck. I did it for 3 years with my limitations, but I also was aware of what I could do and not do. If it involved tailgating, I let my dispatch know that that load will cause me issues.

Normally it is a case by case basis they look at you. What I do not like are those who are disabled throwing up the red flag and basically telling the company you have to change for me. They don't have to hire you. Simply put the industry is demanding.

truckerman75103 and Duurtipoker Thank this.
  7. MiRig2017

MiRig2017 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2017
    U.S.A
    I believe a company is supposed to reasonably accommodate, and not "penalize" a disabled person by not hiring them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.