Anyone have gps connection issues lately?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by scoobertdoo, Nov 21, 2021.

1. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Not just my Qualcomm, but my dash GPS and even my phone can't find GPS reception. Is it just my truck, suddenly blocking GPS?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Maybe that crap in space that blew up or whatever happened last week??

feldsforever Thanks this.
  4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Communist China testing their laser to knock out satellites .

5. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    My Garmin was crazy past week. For some reasons coordinates were off of accuracy.

6. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    A company I used to drive for had PeopleNet units. After switching into a new truck, my GPS on my TomTom no longer worked, nor did Google Maps on my phone. Walk away from the truck a few feet and Google maps would acquire a signal again.

One day, the PeopleNet unit started acting up, so the shop had me pull the fuse for it to restart it. Lo and behold, as soon as the PeopleNet turned off, the TomTom got signal.

Now heres the odd part... after telling the shop about it, they took the PeopleNet unit from my old truck and put it in the new one. No dice... PeopleNet on, TomTom no worky. PeopleNet off, TomTom worked.

So... we took the PeopleNet from the new truck and put it in the old truck. Put the TomTom in the old truck. It worked.

Chalked it up to the new truck being infested with ghosts and poltergeists.

7. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    I still have the roof sat done from Cowan on my truck, but I believe it is only a reciever, so that wouldn't explain an interference. The only thing I have changed was I installed a new surface go 3, but it should do it all the time if that was the issue.

8. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Did you maybe install a new charger for the Surface? A lot of those cheap switching transformers create radio interference. GPS signals are very weak and it doesn't take much to interfere.

9. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Just finished a load where picked up in Tacoma ,WA and took it to Etna,PA(Pittsburgh area)...I'm a gadget person, I run a Garmin 770 and a Garmin 780 my 770 cut out a few times searching for satellites but 780 didn't. Now granted the areas were in MT, ID, SD....a previous load in CA did same, so yeah I've seen some interference s on the west side of the country more. My PropleNet went out and reconnected itself similar, but it has always done that in some of those areas anyways. We're switching over to Omnitrac at our company gradually over the past like 3 months

10. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Same here

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  11. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    We had lots of Northern Lights last week, didn't we? Northern Lights = lots of solar particles = electronic interference.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.