Anyone know how to force a Rand TND 730 to update it's GPS position?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Farmerbob1, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    but it is information...

LGarrison Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Practically everything is information. But when it isn't directed at me, I do not always recognize it.

You do the same. Everyone does - we are all selective in what we internalize.

Now, however, I do see that you have a special, gigantic, do-it-all thread where people can go to have their questions mashed together indiscriminately so that others cannot scan subject lines to find on-topic responses to someone else with the same problem.

4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Have you tried just leaving it in the truck when you're at home? If "it hurts when I do that", then I just quit doing "that".

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    And you know I have helped thousands over the last 9 years. And if we have 100+ plus threads running all seperated how much information would be gleaned?

Btw you put the thread in the ELD section

6. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    I'd rather not leave a pocket sized $400 dollar piece of easily-sellable electronics in my truck for 4 days, unattended. Even if it is in a relatively safe place.

7. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    No, I don't know how many people you have helped, and it's a bit difficult to find useful information in a gigantic megathread, as opposed to threads with topics that actually indicate content.

I suspect that if you are as active and helpful as you claim, the site devs probably would not have a problem building a corner of the forum specifically for Rand products, so people can actually post useful threads rather than toss more randomness into a megathread.

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Well you put a 730 issue in the ELD side of the forum.

I don't have to claim. I know.

As I suggested in post 5 - good information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.