Anyone with Experience with Shower Bunk / Bathroom Drom Addon

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by NoBigHurry, Jul 15, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Novels? Ha. A little wash up will clean it up right quick.

Im sorry that my writing is not that good for some. It does not matter if I answer in one sentance, paragraph or book. Someone will take issue with it.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You could run laps in there.

5. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    They ain't that big. The biggest benefit imo is they are built with much better quality low weight materials. Plus they build them full width. So you gain length as well as width.

Go to the link i posted and you can download the floor plan for their various models. Even the smaller models like the 110 have practically double the storage and room as a typical big oem sleeper like the kw 86 inch studio. More space, more storage, AND gain a shower and toilet.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    There you go again - length and width:)

NoBigHurry and spyder7723 Thank this.
  7. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Dude. You ain't right.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  8. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    No substitute for cubic inches......

Holds true to soooo many things in life

9. NoBigHurry

NoBigHurry Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks to all those of you who have replied to the original post. I am not in trucking yet but hope to take the plunge this winter. I also know that trucking is a "life style" unto itself and part of that is issues like cooking , going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and keeping cool in the summer while sleeping.

I have looked at ICT, ARI and Bolt sleepers and the truckpaper and get a bit of sticker shock looking at them (say compared to a similar truck with an 80" sleep). While I would like to get something like that eventually, a stop gap measure for me would be the bunk shower.

I have a lot of experience in RV's and camping in some very in climate places and know that I sleep much better when I have had an even a 30 second shower. And getting sleep at the right time is of course hard enough in trucking. I also hope to go into flatbed which would make a shower bunk even more valuable to me. And of course the idea of having to choose between peeing in a bottle or walking into the truck stop in the middle of the night is not very appealing ether. Also, as I hope to go OO eventually, I want to purchase fuel at where ever I can get it cheapest, not where they are offering a free shower with $300 purchase. Finally, I hope to park overnight in area's other than truck stops (rest areas, Walmarts, etc) and having a shower bunk would help. So if I can do a add a shower bunk to my first truck for 4 figures or less I will probably do it. If it is much more than that then plan B. I am still a bit worried about the winterization and related issue's.

So I learned from your reply's that large ICT sleepers can pull flatbed and oversize which is very helpful (ht @blairandgretchen). Also learned that there are add-ons bathrooms for conventional sleepers, which I did not know. This does not really appeal to me since my experinence with RV's is that the "air quality" can suffer with waterless toilets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.