Are self-contained RVs allowed at Schneider OC

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Narciso, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Narciso

Narciso Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2023
    The question would not make much sense except if we do not want to travel all the way home for every weekend reset and prefer staying closer to my operation center from time to time. I expect to go to my orientation soon. Having a self-contained RV, I feel tempted to leave it at the Schneider OC employee's parking lot (kind of boondocking), so I can use it as temporary home from time to time during some of my weekliy resets, it would be like taking a break from the truck sleeper cab once in a while without having to drive all the way home.
    Do you guys know if Schneider allows an employee's RV to be parked virtually permanent at the OC?
    Thinking of the OC at Stockton, if there is one there.
    Sorry for this weird question... :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    Chinatown and Bud A. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    Stockton??? At the Intermodal yard???

4. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    BTW...I like your question. Back in the day it was common to have drivers living at "The Yard" in an RV. Nowadays, probably not though, because of insurance, as usual.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    There are a few guys who do this, but it's pretty rare. You'll have trouble getting anything bigger than a cargo van sized Camper parked in most of the lots, and some locations might get cranky.

Narciso and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Best wishes, that's a good idea.
    Why not park the RV in Nevada and then you won't have to pay state income taxes.

7. Narciso

Narciso Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2023
    Well... I am 100% unfamiliar with this, I applied for an account that is in Livermore and I found at Schneider´s website that they have an OC in Stockton, so I guess that would be my base, but I do not know if they have or not an OC in Stockton TBH.
    I am not even sure if there is a Schneider´s OC near Stockton or Livermore, but if there is one, I would like to know about their policy regarding employee´s parking lot and... maybe RV but apparently insurance´s policy would ban RVs hehe...

8. Narciso

Narciso Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2023
    Oops.. Nevada is still further than my house, I am looking for a personal place to stay near my job base in Livermore, althouth I have my uncle´s house in Sacramento, my family, domicile and house is in Redding. I am just trying to figure out a way stay comfortable near my working base in Livermore using my travel trailer as a tool until I get something nearer my domicile in Redding :)

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Dunno about that OC.
    But if you park in “long term parking area”, furthest from the building, about a mile walk, at West Memphis location and you stay gone 3 months OTR as a company driver, you’ll come back with chalk marks and a paper on window theyre about to have it towed.

The Fuel Services people don’t like when you go in there and tell them what you think and make them clean your wheels and remove paper stuck to window.

hope not dumb twucker Thanks this.
  10. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Schneider used to have a terminal at French Camp but I believe they closed it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.