Are there really any GOOD trucking companies left ?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by TruckedupTim, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    And, some that don’t have a pulse. I’m non-living proof.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    You're referring to me .

My trainer was getting paid .72 cpm and made well over $100k at Covenant(in 2011) . I don't see how hard that is to believe or what the joke is .

4. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    It’s very hard to believe ANY driver at Covenent is making $100k. Did your trainer tell you that?

But, if he is, power to him. I hope he takes all their money. :)

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    And the day after you start at one of these companies. You will hit the Mega Ball Lottery for multi millions, and be able to retire. They will also give you half of your yearly pay upfront, so you can make a living.LOL

JohnBoy and Frank Speak Thank this.
  6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Making a $100,000 looks really good on paper for the companies, but in reality you can cut that in half, or more as to the reality of what you will make.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  7. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Yes ,Covenant sucks and I would NEVER ever work for them again but the trainers can and do make that sort of money .

We actually stayed friendly after the training and yes , he really makes $100k per year as do lots of the trainers there but is it worth it ? To live with a new different crazy driver every 35-40 days ? I

I'm not a bullshxx artist like most on here.

8. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Okay! Did you actually see very pay stub of that trainer for a full year? It is amazing what one can print out on a computer today. On that note. Not to many people want to be trainers, as the little bit of extra money is not worth the stress, and B.S you must put up with.

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  9. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I’m not doubting YOU. I am doubting the legitimacy of what your trainer said. But hey, if he is, I’ll say it again. I hope he takes all their money. Power to him!

JohnBoy and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    As a trainer idk why you guys find it hard to believe he could make $100,000. Im a trainer at Millis, have only 3yrs experience so I'm on the low end of our payscale and I'm on pace to make about $85,000 and I didnt have a student at all in the months of Jan, Feb, and June. I also go home ALOT. If i ran 3,4, 5 weeks+ like some if these guys do I'd easily be over $90k. Millis top driver(a trainer) made over $110,000 last yr. So I dont see why a trainer at covenant couldnt make 100k

Rideandrepair, JohnBoy and Frank Speak Thank this.
  11. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Well, maybe things have changed (for the better). It’s just hard to imagine a Covenent driver making that kind of Cabbage. But, I hope he is. STICK TO THE MAN. Lol

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.