Are these two reefer companies good?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cdavis188, Oct 15, 2021.

1. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Thanks for the info.. I looked up WDS with the DOT and they have excellent CSA scores..but i assume they can only tell you so much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Magnum was good to me while I was OTR if I was going back out OTR I would likely go right back to them. I didn't go west much by choice (you usually have a few choices on outbound loads from Fargo or the twin cities.) The pay and equipment were both very good, and I was never pressured to do something that I felt was unsafe (including a few times I parked and waited out bad weather), nor did they ever lie to me. When I worked there the trucks ran 64 however they just started turning the ltl trucks up to 65, so I imagine they will do the same for the LTD division. As for waiting until spring. I would give Tony in recruiting a call now. You don't have to go west if you really don't want to, and I think you will find that they are a better company to work for than the Pumpkin.

One thing to note. After hours and weekend support is limited. If your load cancels at say 4:30pm on a Friday (happened to me once) Your going to be sitting for the weekend. After hours dispatch is really limited to giving you an unforeseen t check code for lumpers and such. Don't expect them to handle too many customer issues before the DMs and load planners show up during regular business hours.

4. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Scroll down on FMCSA safer, they had like six injuries in an accidents..

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Many companies are evolving to keeping solos eastbound. Even where I am at, solos mostly run all points east of Denver. The teams run out to Utah and Arizona mostly. On occasion solos do, but they mostly keep them east. You still have some that will send a solo west but they many try to be efficient in that sense. Kansas City is the farthest west though? Yeesh

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    When you get 2 good years get with a company that runs solo west in a powerful chicken lighted hood with a fist full of money. Why cut yourself short? Till then ffe, magnum, or Holland out of ND will be fine sir.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It appears K&B Transportation does a little west too. There was a member that was on here some time ago. He did well there. If a company website has a map like this, it will tell you where the running lanes are. Perhaps someone who worked there can clarify this. Screenshot_20211016-115302_Chrome.jpg

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Leonard's Express and Calex Logistics are both reefer companies that run west coast.
    ~
    upload_2021-10-16_10-0-47.jpeg .[​IMG]

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  9. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    We run WI to CA and back but most of our drivers want to be home a couple of days each week so they run east. Then there are the ones that say they only want to run CA but be home weekends. LOL

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  10. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Frock use to want a driver to live reasonably close to New Oxford. I have not spoken to them in a lot of years though that may have changed with a shortage of actual truck drivers to choose from. I see they want 6 months experience so the hiring standards have dropped considerably.

Back in they day they were extremely hard to hire on with, a very "old school" outfit if you know what I mean....

Speed_Drums and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.