Are you allowed to haze students in the trucking industry?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Lab work, May 6, 2018.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Drivers get screwed out of enough of their time without some panty wearing girly boy trying to waste their time with infantile pranks.

Adieu, LoSt_AgAiN, brsims and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    Are you allowed to haze students in the trucking industry?

yes on trucking websites when they mangle a truck or other object. also known as bashing....

nearly everyone gets in on it...

Lab work and IluvCATS Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not in these days no sir.

The worst I do to trainees would bury them in small number of tasks until they are carrying several of them all up in the air. Then hit em with the smallest of all. Check the seal number against this bill please? It's important.

By this time they are a little cranky. Stomp off towards the back of the trailer where the seal is located.

By then I had the brakes released and slowly drifting backwards a touch slower than they were walking. So that it will take a little time depending on how they function about how long that trailer really is.

he he he.

I usually did something good afterwards. But the good ones take it in stride. but nothing too outrageous.

Lab work Thanks this.
  5. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    I attended basic in 1986. Unlike today’s Army, the only females to be seen for miles were the old ladies working in the mess hall. Let’s just say that sensitivity was an unfamiliar word back then. I prefer the old army to the new one.

Fast forward to today I drive for a Fortune 500 chemicals company. If any employee feels that he or she is being picked on he will ask the antagonist to stop. If the antagonist does not stop then the matter will be taken to management where the hammer will dropped on the antagonist. As they should. And I support that.

Is it OK to haze a student? No it’s not.

IluvCATS, Lab work and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Bashing is always a good straregy. See a lot of that in here. If you can't laugh at the mistakes you make than probably not a good career choice. I had two stops once and went to the wrong one first. Manager said everyone gets one mistake. You just used yours.

buddyd157 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Oh well, I thought some wanted this to be a profession, not a frickn' play ground. I can understand a little in Basic but overall this needs to be treated as a profession.

LoSt_AgAiN and IluvCATS Thank this.
  8. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
  9. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    That works great when training someone. Clearly demonstrate how important it is to check everything before arriving at the scale house. When I first started driving I would park next to other trucks. While standing in the cab the other truck would move. I would panic and jump in the driver seat thinking my truck is moving. Takes a few minutes to recover and now it doesn't happen anymore.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  10. doc43204

doc43204 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2018
    OH

grow a sense of humor or follow another thread. we're just having a little fun.

11. be careful who you Haze nowadays..
    there's this really cool person that comes around sometimes his name is Karma..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.