Arnold just like all the others

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by centralnyguy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. centralnyguy

centralnyguy Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Rome, NY
    I worked for arnold after a bad experience with JB... I had heard from other truckers they were a good company to work for.. I will say they did get me home offten and on time which is more then I can say for JB.
    But the dispatchers were very rude and condesending.
    They would also dispatch you offten on late loads and push you to stretch or go over your hrs... I personaly did not care for this company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LaPurr

LaPurr Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    This is a US Xpress company, so take what information you can find out about both befor making your decision.

4. Michael

Michael Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Williston, Florida
    This is one time when you needed to open you mouth and talk to the person that could help. Dispatchers are people and they put on a good face when hired, however, that can change in an instant. Managers can't always guess if there is something wrong with a dispatcher or if they are being rude to a driver. If you don't get satisfaction with the first manager you talk to go to the next. Stop this "recreational ########" and get a job done right. Let's get these nasty people fired and go on.:biggrin_25516:

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    This is true.

So far, Arnold management is still running Arnold, but it is just a matter of time until US Xpress puts a heavy footprint on this company.

Arnold Transportation was my last job before I took an management offer at a Ford Dealership and got off the road at the end of 2003. The company was OK, and very flexible (I was in the southwest regional division). The old Mack truck was a piece of crap and long overdue to be gotten rid of, but the people were great. If there was some new night dispatcher that happened to pick up the phone and was clueless/demanding/ or simply a jerk, I would simply let him/her know what they were, and let them know that I was done for the night and I would talk with dispatch the next morning. Never was forced to do anything I didn't want to do, and was generally home fairly early on Friday if I wanted to be, (I often took loads that wouldn't get me back until Saturday, my choice), and come Monday, I called them when "I" was ready to go back to work.

If my old piece of crap truck (wasn't really that bad, I just like making fun of it) was in the shop for any reason, and if I wanted to work, I got the keys to a day cab and would be on the clock for a day or two.

My mother works for this company now, and has for a long time. She started at the terminal when it was Dalworth and has been there as it migrated to become Arnold, currently working from a warehouse in Fort Worth shuttling trailers to Miller Brewery (local job). To this day, she does what she wants basically. If there is a problem, they address it. She decided to take three weeks off as of last week to go stay with my Aunt who just had her hip replaced.. Not one word of friction. They simply let her have the time off (part vacation time, part just simply being leave) and found another driver to fill in for her until she gets back.

Sadly, I imagine this kind of driver treatment is about to end with US Xpress in the mix, but until it does, I gotta say, this is one of the most friendly companies I have ever dealt with, as far as larger companies go.

6. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    my stepson had a good experience driving company truck for arnold out of fl,he only quit to run a local job,now wants to go back to arnold,hes waiting to hear from them. He was home weekends when he wanted to be.

7. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    What are the advantages of having hazmat? And what is worth it?

8. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    Can anyone give me info on Arnold's 4x4 runs out of Macon, ga? They say 4 days out, 4 in (.34/mi. 1800-2200) sounds alright, but that which sounds too good to be true often isn't.

9. possumposs

possumposs Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Wyoming, NY
    Is Arnold a forced dispatch company? Do they force drivers into NYC or LI?

10. Hi Possumposs.
    I would like to help u find out, have time to do research on the computer, where do I start?

11. Is Arnold a Trucking Company ?

If Arnold is a Software appliance, well , the Computer is < ONLY> Intelligent and HONEST as the HUMAN in front of the SCREEN.

That word "FORCED" does not set well w/ me as I am learning this is common practice on a Driver and there Truck out there on the Road.
    :biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.