ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I forgot to mention load shedding. Something resets when the truck does load shedding and it will run better quite often after a reset. The battery will run down, even with the APU running, and you will hear the relays click behind the dash when load shedding kicks in. It's won't do it during the week so the truck performance is better at the beginning of the week and degrades as the week progresses.

Try to get it fixed and your left with this...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckertat

truckertat Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I have been trying to find info on their miscellaneous pay rates on Google but have not been able to find anything on if they offer layover pay, NYC pay, or trailer shuttle pay. Would anyone know if they do offer this and how much it is? Any help is appreciated!

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    We don't go to NYC. Go to NJ a lot, NY state but not NYC.

Lay over pay is going to be different be it lease or company. Lease it's a $70 no load fee if you go a day with no load and it's not your fault.

Detention for lease is 100% of whatever is paid. Then if a load you are assigned is canceled you can get paid a truck not used fee if Prime can collect. As lease it's 50% of what they collect if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure how company pays other than detention is a set hourly rate that is much lower than you get as lease.

It's very rare you will get layover with out a load.. It's usually like what I have right now.. sitting 24hr waiting to deliver my load.. tried to get it in yesterday but they wouldn't take it so I'm stuck waiting on my appointment..

That normally doesn't happen often, but I assume it's due to easter weekend, but I'm not getting paid for sitting because Im under load with a appointment.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Reason for edit: .
    NoBigHurry, Rollr4872 and truckertat Thank this.
  5. truckertat

truckertat Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Thanks this helps a lot!!
    Do you happen to know what the pay go for for just company drivers?

6. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I have a question. How on earth can you guys drive THAT SLOW?

7. Rollr4872

Rollr4872 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Sheer determination and willpower.

8. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Must have a lot of it!:D

9. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I went to NYC a few months ago, but said I would rather not go again, so was not sent back. All you have to do is let your DM know.

10. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    So is Prime forced route and forced fuel? (I.e they require you to take a certain route and fuel in certain places). How about as a lease op?

11. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Fleece can buy fuel wherever they want, but remember you are paying for it out of your settlement, so you are tied somewhat to the cheapest fuel, or should be trying to. As company I used the fuel app to make sure I chose the cheaper places along the route of my choosing, but if your a steering wheel holder they make you stick to the pre-planned route and fuel solution. If you are new don't expect the company side to let you roam free, your FM won't let you stray far until he/she knows you can figure it out.

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.