ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    All you have to do is tell them your significant other, wife, husband, or kid was going to ve coming out with you and you would be given a fullsize truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MochaPitbull

MochaPitbull Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2019
    I'm not sure if you're still with Prime, but out of curiosity, is it okay to request loads to my fleet manager as a lease op?
    Dropped off a load this morning and had 8 hrs left on the clock, but haven't received a load yet. Now I have only 5 hrs left.
    Also, is there a maximum amount of miles and/or money I'm allowed to make before they cut me off?

Thanks!

4. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I'm on the flat side. I would definitely send a message "Hey soandso, yall forget about me? I'm rdy to rock and roll." It wont hurt to do so. There is no maximum miles of money limit either. The more you earn the more they make off you.

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Unless your FM doesn't want you to always keep them updated. When I was at Prime I'd always send a message soon as I was unloaded telling them what hours I had left if I was ready to run right away. Sure they can see all that info but they have to look it up. Just send them a Qual comm message.

Usually your depart reciever message ques up sales to let them know you are unloaded. The disbatcher doesnt actually find you your loads, the sales team gives him a option or a few for your truck and he picks from that.

Reguardless if you are looking for a load same day always message let him know you are ready to go.. it's a holiday today so maybe it's slow wherever you are.

6. MochaPitbull

MochaPitbull Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Thank you for the responses.
    I apologize for the bother, but I had one other question.
    As a lease op driving for Prime, am I allowed to negotiate prices? If so, is there an established way to do so without coming off as rude or money hungry (even though who isn't)?
    Thank you!

7. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    No, they send you a load and you accept or reject it. If you're company and thinking about going lease make sure you can stay out atleast 5 weeks at a time, the fixed costs will eat you alive if you cant.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.