Attention all company drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Enjoy. Welcome retired gang.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    This.

We lose drivers mostly to retirement and medical, as the average age is over 55 here. We also aren't training newbies, we leave that to the megas. We'll give a young guy a shot every now and then, but they need to have a pristine record to walk through our door. In fact, I have turned away four applicants this week alone due to not meeting our requirements, and its only Wednesday. A fifth applicant is too young, but is willing to run a spotter truck in the yard until coming of age for our insurance company (23), so we're running the background now to see if we can make that exception... better not have so much as a jaywalking ticket. LOL.

Since we aren't a training company and have stricter hiring requirements, I have found the younger ones who are offered a shot here tend to stick around, as we don't lie or fluff up the compensation package like they have gotten used to hearing, and we aren't paying $600/week, either. 3/4 of our hires this year have been referrals from drivers, as a non-recruiter saying the exact same thing as the recruiter speaks volumes..

LilRedRidingHood Thanks this.
  4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Well what exactly are y'all paying if you don't mind me asking. My generation isn't like GenX. They aren't going to deal with the shenanigans these companies have been pulling for decades and the generation behind us (Gen Z) for #### sure don't wanna work lol. You have a hard time getting a burger at McDonald's these days so trucking better get it's stuff together. Another thing I've noticed is a substantial increase in drivers with auto restricted licensing.

5. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    In order to not violate TOS, I will direct you to our one authorized job posting (pay structure fully listed in the open). No, we're not paying the most, but we offer a great balance between running and home, as well as a "hands-off" dispatching approach (you'll never be awakened by dispatch with a dumb question like "are you going to make your appointment?" you are expected to call to report that you will be late instead).

Looking for a Few Safe Midwest Regional Solos, Honest $75k Opportunity

6. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

Imagine that, a place where adults are treated like adults.

Reading some of the stories on this forum, many places treat their drivers like 3 year olds.
    My phone is shut off when I go to bed, till I get up, so no chance of a loser waking me up with their ridiculous questions.

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Sounds like a great gig for newer guys looking to get in that haven't been boneheads. I also think the pay could be higher given most companies are creeping into the low 50s in CPM. Thanks for giving a detailed breakdown. It was very honest.

LilRedRidingHood and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  8. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    That's literally who I try to find... those who paid penance at a mega while maintaining a clean record and are ready to be treated (and paid) like an adult. We don't just accept everyone, though, so I am constantly on the lookout for the right guy/gal to fill one of our few empty trucks. If I get too many more, we won't have any seats for the part-time guys, so we can afford to be selective (I believe we have a total of 7 unassigned trucks right now for the part-time guys to share, I can only hire 3 or 4 more drivers at most).

LilRedRidingHood Thanks this.
  9. Truthseeker053188

Truthseeker053188 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2021

10. 501knight

501knight Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2021

I guess they suck also? Seems to me there are only 5 decent company's in the US

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Maybe. But then you start the argument of which five companies it is.

Jiminy Cricket and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.