Back on the road. Lease purchase with JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Do you have opti-idle in the truck? If so, you might want to check with service somewhere see if they have auto-regen turned on. My truck will go into a regen cycle automagically if it is in opti-idle mode and it thinks it needs a regen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Maybe to the back of the cab. If you get into a rough parking lot, and have to turn sharply to park, you can rip up something only a few inches tall.

My truck has those stupid cloth velcro wheel cover thingies on it. They used to be on my drives. Now they are on my catwalk, bungeed down.

Those 4 covers, bungeed down, are only about 4 inches tall. I nearly ripped them off in a parking lot next to the Horrible Flying J in Pasco, WA.

If you have a long body truck with a catwalk long enough, it could work, but if the arc of the corners of the trailer can cross the top of the tire, a tire would be too tall for me to risk putting on my catwalk.

4. Big John 37

Big John 37 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Did jb hunt get a new contract and get rid of there old lease purchase? They had tel which was a lease for new truck based off your credit and another where it was a 15 kw t680 that they bought from auctions and all had problems

5. TruckerChance

TruckerChance Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Baltimore MD

Sorry I’m late. I am leased with J.B. Hunt now. I really thing that program they have with the old trucks for 90k is horrible. I bought my truck to J.B. Hunt. I think they screw you with the weekly payments and crazy deductions. The most that comes out of my settlement is $280wk. That program that they have with giving those beat down trucks out, is not for you to get ahead.

6. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Absolutely. Actually its the lease trucks that were the problem. Not Jb so much. Their rates and miles dropped dramatically at a time when I was no longer able to sustain. Probably that will pick up but as I mentioned earlier, if you have a different source for a truck, either a purchase or, if there is one, a fair and doable lease AND enough set aside to ride out the rough spots...
    I just had a series of unfortunate events this year...
    I hope you do well. I believe you will if you have your duckies in a row.

7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    TEL sent final statement at last. I am disgusted. They want $6,670 after deducting the $2000 that was left in my escrow. Basically, that is $2000 greater than I expected.

They charged for a bunch of stuff that was already there when I got the truck which I verbally complained about but failed to document in writing. They charged for a missing mattress that wasn't missing when I left it at shop. And worst of all, they charged for the clutch repair that had them holding the truck hostage while they fought with kenworth over whether it was covered under warrantee or whether one of the three shops that charged for greasing but failed to actually grease. That is just plain wrong. And it is about $2000. Magic number.

Going to ask if drivers legal plan will negotiate the bill down for a fee but I am not optimistic. I was prepared to pay the penalties but this is a real injustice and indignity. I hear they will only give me 12 months to pay it out and that will be an ugly hardship.

As if I needed another reason to never never never ever consider leasing again.

8. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I offer you these wise words..
    (No I have no clue what the deal is with anything in this image..it came like this. )
    [​IMG]

When life knocks you down...

Calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "You hit like a #####.". - The internet.

Or go all Jedi Cat on their #####.
    [​IMG]

;)

Sirscrapntruckalot - All days that end in Y suck. - Other people.

Dave_in_AZ, laaylor and UturnGirl Thank this.
  9. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Really enjoyed reading your thread

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Full on dang.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  11. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Was it Craig harper on the other end?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.