Before you come to Landstar .....

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by IndianaF150, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Last change I hear is a change to the split and it sucks ###.. what they are talking about is changing it so you can take a split of less than 8hr will stop your clock.. say 2-8 hr BUT the part that sucks is the 2nd part of the split most be 10 hr's. Not the 1st part and the 2nd part = 10 hr's.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
    Reason for edit: Skirting profanity filter
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I've parked on ramps many times. Accidents in which trucks get while parked on ramps really don't hit happen that much. Some states will make sure trucks don't park on ramps(Nebraska and Wisconsin come to mind). Most don't care. As for the 5 mph, I kind of like it. I can get away with delivering on 10 hr breaks, which if you can do that, that's the most efficient way to use your time.

Boardhauler and IndianaF150 Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Who's we?

Antinomian Thanks this.
  5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Man that’s crazy,Didnt know companies were sitting up logs on speed always thought it was distance based on gps position. I would really have a problem with that if I’m on private property such as a truck stop the dot doesn’t regulate that as driving..

IndianaF150 Thanks this.
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I do not get thirty minutes of rest in the middle of a driving shift. If I stop to eat then I would have done that anyway. If I have to stop because of the clock then I just sit wasting time for thirty minutes. The only thing the thirty minute "break" does is make me work thirty minutes longer that day and reduce my real rest time when I'm off duty by thirty minutes.

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Don’t clutter the thread with general gripes OP. Just cut to it! Does Landstar suck or not?

p.s. Perspective is everything. We have a guy where I work that logs into the ELD when he gets to work and doesn’t touch it again until he logs off of it when he gets off that afternoon.

Me, I just log as I go. Seems simple enough to me. But, we work a 5 day (9-10 hr days) week so hours are never an issue.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Mike2633, Dave_in_AZ and 06driver Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Got any links for that, or just spouting truck stop counter bs?

flood Thanks this.
  9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    There are provisions for moving on private property. Still on duty.

In addition none of it matters until you attempt to enter a public roadway again.

10. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    It was easy to spot on the load board earlier this year coupled with uptick in economy.

11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Exactly

One My company forbids us to sit on Ramps or by the side of the road which doesn't bother me, I thank it's just poor planning and laziness.

But that 30 minute break screws with me and stresses me out 3 times a week.

My runs are generally under 350 miles and are usaully doable in 6 hours, and I generally plan for 8 hours to meet the appointment.

Everything is going good even though I hit heavy construction and got held up by an accident I am still going to be on time. .

But oh no I suddenly need to take the Stupid 30 minute break.

Now comes the stress of trying to arrive on time to beat the break requirement.

And if I have to take it now I am another 30 minutes late

Just Stupid and Sressful.

Rocks and jsnell Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.