Best Cell phone carrier for the mid west to west coast?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by pats-t800, Jun 10, 2014.

1. GearWarrant

GearWarrant Medium Load Member

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    Has anyone tried Straight Talk?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    i don't have any problems with my phone itself either, its rural areas where verizon shines and sprint's service is terrible. verizons data service also outshine sprint in every way, shape and form. I am paying the same amount for better call reception, faster data with verizon.

4. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    To the guy who asked about straight talk: They throttle down your data speed and charge extra after 3GB, plus all their call center customer service people don't speak comprehensible English. Not a bad deal if you can get a good network (they usually piggyback on sprint or verizon, or whoever has the best service in your home area), and get lucky enough to find a phone with no problems. You have to pay full price for a new phone if you buy it from them, they claim youi can bring in a used phone or phone purchased elsewhere, but a lot of times the phone won't work with their service

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    They have never throttled mine or charged extra but I have unlimited data too.

6. trucsugma5

trucsugma5 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Morrison, Co
    HAS anyone ever met someone that had T-MOBILE smartphone and actually pays only $40 a month ????:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.