Best lease purchase my ###

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Psd, Feb 11, 2016.

1. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    You are going into business with no money. It's not easy but you can do it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    I have owned a few rigs until I thought I was retiring from the road in 05, came back out in 07 survived 6 months in a company truck before stepping into a lease truck with JCT. Before going in I new my numbers (minimum I needed to cover truck/maintenance/fuel/taxes/bills/etc) I spent 8 years there and to be honest leaving was a hard decision more because of the personal attachments then the "JOB". Last August I went out and bought a new rig and went over to Landstar. That being said I will never work for CPM again. Percentage and self dispatch puts my success on my shoulders. In my personal opinion a person can make it in a lease purchase, company or owner operator system but only if they know their numbers and learn early on its not how much you make that is important, it is how much you have left at the end of the day/week/month/year!

jldilley, 51.50 and snowlauncher Thank this.
  4. Steven W

Steven W Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    The problem is these kids are going into lease purchase right of of cdl school. They got no idea at all about what their numbers are, how to get the best mileage, manage their time, etc.

They are basically doomed from the start because they don't yet have a clue as to the trucking industry. Not saying all of them will fail. 1% will get lucky, 4% will know how to manage a budget, and the other 95% will fail because thay can't manage a budget nor understand the numbers involved. And of those 5% that do make it, another 95% of those will fail as soon as the first major breakdown occurs after the lease is up and they are completely on their own for everything.

Because as you said, it's how much is left over and you can put away for lean times and for those major repairs that are going to happen sooner or later once you own that truck.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  5. Stanb23003

Stanb23003 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Im suppose to start on the 27th and they got me on the super south. I was wondering how it pays. What should I switch to?

6. mydogIzzy

mydogIzzy Bobtail Member

May 27, 2015
    Run and don't look back...

Stanb23003 Thanks this.
  7. It is called a lease purchase. The compamy has the lien. Do you think they want you to own it? It has been goingbon since 74. Dollar Truck Ft
    Scott Ks. still ain't changed 43 yrs later

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    aka Midwestern Distribution....

9. Arod1098

Arod1098 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2021
    That’s only $236. Per day. Not a big deal. Very doable. I don’t think anyone will doubt you. I drive for fedex as a company driver linehaul and make $250 per day running 536miles nightly, 6 days a week. So $7100 for a LP driver is very realistic, IMO

10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    If only you’d have waited four more days, you would’ve received the prize for digging up a five year old thread.

And, I *think* the current prize is a very lovely set of TTR signature dining utensils .

bzinger, Lonesome and TB John Thank this.
  11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Perhaps I'll offer a nice selection of aroma therapy candles for the member responding to the oldest post. TTR, where threads never die they just go into suspended animation.

bzinger, Frank Speak and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.