Best paying flatbed companies for drivers WITH experience??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Jun 8, 2019.

1. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    looking at what all is out there currently at central Oregon truck and it’s a great job Pay is 74 to 85k for most drivers health insurance is free no premium 401k is good 100% of 4% people are great Nice equipment etc all in don’t want to leave all in comp was 83k first year base pay plus 401k match plus loyalty pay plus savings on health insurance premiums which would be like 200 to 300 a month I’m not complaining however I’m getting really tired of these lumber loads that are tall and always need tarped they say tarp pay is included in the pay ok. However the conastoga people over here make the same as us tarpers which is totally untucking fair!!! ######## really. I’ve had to tarp in -20 degrees tarps frozen spent 5 hours shoveling snow off load from a fricken ladder cuz I couldn’t walk on top of load. I risk my life all the time like yesterday is was wet and raining a lumber load with plastic wrap around it everyone left for the day and it was max height no harness nothing if I fell I coulda died. However the conastoga guys all they do is strap and pull their skirts up and getting rolling they make exactly what we make I don’t get paid a dime to tarp and this is just too unfair for me personally and is the reason I wanna leave. What are some companies that are good paying like this? I live in pa but I don’t care where I run. Except nyc lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    I’m not 100% sure I’m gonna leave because it is a great place and I do love it I just don’t like having to work 10x harder than someone else for the same pay if I can find a company just as good then I’ll look into it.

skellr Thanks this.
  4. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    And oh yeah as for pay my base was 74k. They say health premiums paid by them is 312 a month. Which is 3744 savings off my pay I don’t pay. Loyalty pay is 1cpm first year and goes up to 3cpm first year my balance on that is like 1400 and the 401k match I just averaged is 100% of 4% of salary so 74k is 2900 I only got half of that my first year since you have to be here 6 months but I just added it up to help figure out total pay for my second year. This is total of 82k after I’m here for three years that can go up even more because of loyalty add in an extra 2800 like 84k and I went home quite often like 4 to 5 days a month. Is this as good as it gets or are there places just as good besides loyal ltl or food service I prefer otr so I don’t have to pay rent and can save and invest what I would normally spend plus per diem

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Welcome to flatbedding buddy . if ur running out of west region look up gary amoth they got conestogas. Not sure what the pay is but they run out west and a very good company to work for... Sounds like ur fed up with tarping. But thats part of flatbedding especially with a cotc. Go find a smaller company that doesnt tarp that much

Ruthless and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I know nothing about flatbedding other than what I hear from a family friend that’s been doing it for years and years. He’s at Long Haul Trucking, and it sounds like sliding open his curtains is going a lot more swimmingly than throwing tarps. Especially in inclement weather.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    See if you can get your company to give you a Conestoga.

kylefitzy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    You’re doing pretty good, imo.

More pay is just more responsibility. Not saying that’s a bad thing. But you complain about tarping stick and brick lumber loads... so, those better flat paying jobs have even more difficult tarping requirements in my opinion.

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    It's not going to be easy...

Large company benefits are hard to compete with.

I've looked around and wasn't impressed. Need to work for yourself instead?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yeah lumber is the easiest thing in the world to tarp. Its nice and square and no sharp edges that u have to pad... There is some loads i spend 2 hours padding all the sharp corners. Carpet squares, cardboard, moving blankets ... Some loads take quite a while to get all the corners.. And then u still have to tarp it... And im not making nearly as much money as u are

11. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Are you getting paid well for what YOU are doing?

1. Ask for a conestoga
    2. Quit because of what someone else does or doesn’t have to do
    3. Do the job you’re paid to do and don’t sweat what ever one else does. Live your life.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.