Best trailer brand?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ikamob01, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Ikamob01

Ikamob01 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2021
    How about Stockton?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Stocktons suck. I know the absolute best Trailer. They’re much better than all the others for a wide variety of reasons. But especially one reason.

4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Never heard of a Stockton.

5. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I love my Great Dane trailers. Mine is a 15 van doors will close even when not level. good build quality. Picking up a new 23 WABASH Duraplate HD at end of month. My local dealer had some in reserve for local O/O adding interior lights, led light bar above ICC bumper hooked to my tractor back up lights. Bluetooth air scale and 8 aluminum wheels and extra lights for 60k
    43k trade on my Great Dane. Will see how the WABASH holds up.

6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Good Dealer. 43k trade in on a 2015, WOW!!

Siinman Thanks this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I think Wabash is the best. They’re tough. Stoughton is the next best. Anytime I’ve compared them, the Stoughton was quite a bit less. Making the Stoughton my first choice. Not impressed with my old Great Dane. My current Trailmobile is much better. It’s built exactly like a Wabash. Parts haven’t been a problem yet. As long as I don’t need a front radius corner panel. Probably have to fabricate something. Local Utility Dealer sells more Stoughtons and Stoughton parts than Utility. Considering the beating a Dry Van takes from Fork Lifts. I don’t want a new one. Rather have one that’s already beat up a bit. That way I’m not going nuts watching it get destroyed.

8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    When you say local O/O I assume that means they won’t sell to folks out of state? Did they have anymore? PM me if so please.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. Ikamob01

Ikamob01 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Thanks guys I have driven all of them. I'm impressed with the Stockton mobility. it looks strong too, also, my gas mileage went up. Sorry if my opinion is different from other people's, but that's what this thread is for.

10. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Yes but I keep my equipment in pristine shape. Trailer along with trk gets buffed and waxed yearly and it’s in great shape. New tires. Shocks, brakes, air bags, fairly new tires. linear actuators for pin release and no rust on undercarriage. Need to buy something for depreciation.

Rideandrepair and Siinman Thank this.
  11. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    OOOOooooooooh, Kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Appreciate ya.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.