Beware of fleetcar auto transport

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Cat525, May 18, 2017.

1. Cat525

Cat525 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2017
    Forced dispatch, forced Dispatch, forced dispatch.
    They will show what they need move regardless of the load pays..and if you choose not to accept the load they will put a hold on you anywhere from 48 to 72 hrs. Suspend you ...
    They will also force to arrive at terminals of their choice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I've always found it curious that a company driver should have this complaint.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    It doesn't sound like he's a company driver since he's worried about what the load pays.

crb Thanks this.
  5. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    A company driver wouldn't have a similar concern?

6. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    No. I don't care what the load pays. I get paid a fixed amount per mile regardless of what the load pays.

I don't care if the company owes the customer to haul the load. I still get paid my cpm.

7. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    But your cpm is still based on a fixed number, right?

If so, are you shown that number up front?

8. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    We might be talking two different things. I think of load pay as the pay a company gets to haul the load. *Most* company drivers get paid cpm. We don't care what the load rate is.

IOW, the company may have agreed to haul the load for x amount per mile. That hasn't nothing to do with what I get paid per mile.

I know there are company drivers that work on percentage so, obviously, they'd care what the load paid.

I just figured the op might be an owner op based on how he worded his complaint: "the load pay".

9. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, a roofing manufacturer I hauled out of years ago used to note distance in miles to a consignee on their BOLs. Stands to reason they're not the only ones to do that.

For example, a company driver getting paid at a rate of .50 cpm picks up a load going somewhere 300 miles away according to said BOL. Theoretically, the load pays $150 regardless of how he actually runs to get there. That's why I think the notion of getting paid by the mile is a bit of a misnomer, UNLESS you're paid on the hub.

So, assuming for the monent OP is in fact a company driver, a company driver really has no right to refuse anything, barring safety concerns that is.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  10. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I've never seen it printed on the BOL, but it tells me in my dispatch what the paid miles are, both loaded and empty so I know what I'm getting paid before I pick up the load.

I concur as far as being picky about a load. Obviously, some loads are better than others, but ultimately I'm just out to keep the wheels turning.

11. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    He/she/it is either a fleet driver or O/O working for fleet car. Most likely getting percentage if fleet driver.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.