Beware of knight transportation!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bountyhunter66, Jul 12, 2019.

1. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    U are misperceieven.

There is good. And there is bad local jobs. Ive done both. U can earn near minimum wage doinh local trucking. U can earn near 100k local trucking. Ive done both.

The bad local jobs in terms of pay are good for your first local experience.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I'm local, even though I'm considered a road driver at my job. Home every day.

I...uh...I hate it! Worst decision I ever made! If only I could FIND something that paid mover's guide cpm! That's where the...the real money is!

4. RzrbckPap

RzrbckPap Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2020
    I currently work for Knight and have for a year. I bring home anywhere from 800-1100 a week pulling dry and I stay out a week sometimes and sometimes 10-14. I have had two different dm’s and they’ve both been great. They have been nothing but fair to me. I think too many people are hopping out of school thinking they are going to make experience money right off the bat and that isn’t going to happen just because you now have a cdl. You have to prove to them what you can do. Show them you can handle running miles. My dm knows how I work and I know how he works. Has every situation turned out perfect? Hell No but this is an industry that has variables that are somewhat similar yet different at almost every shipper/receiver. Yeah sometimes you have a snag or a load or unload that takes forever but most of the time I drop and hook. Obviously your home terminal and dm make a big difference but I have heard dispatchers talking to drivers on the phone begging them for 250-300 miles that day. To put it in perspective, my normal day is 500-620 ish. And yes, that’s on a governed truck. If the truck doesn’t roll, you don’t make money and that’s a fact at any trucking company whether you are company, lease or owner op. As far as them staying on you all the time, that is not the truth in my personal experience. I never ever hear from them unless it’s about load info or service time. I don’t just take 10 hour breaks, sometimes I take longer, probably most times actually and still I never ever hear from them. If I need someone, they are almost always available with what I need to hear. Everyone has an opinion obviously and you can take it or leave it but to me Knight has been an outstanding company.

TB John, Opus and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  5. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Damage control..lmfao

Dale thompson and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    word

Lonesome, Upinsmoke and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I tried knight the truck they gave me was garbage expected me work with a busted ac for sleep never drove off if I don't sleep I don't work and if its gonna be hot as hell in that truck I won't be able to sleep and I don't put of with BS from anyone.

Also, I completely refuse to go back OTR unless one of them recruiters decide to kiss my arse literally, which I am sure I would get kicked out the orientation just for the heck of getting out of it. Even at swift local in DFW was raking 800- 1000 take-home weekly mind you the 1k was rare but is possible but then I also like some days off.

How much in expenses monthly 1k that's the high end 2400 extra money for savings never once did I make less than 800$ this may not be the best pay but being home every night was the whole point taking locally.

I no longer do local for them I kept having HOS issues with them in terms they wanted me waste 3 hours at shipper or equivalent hunting for a trailer they couldn't tell me where to find their own equipment in the city of Dallas from Dallas and still make back from Muskogee, OK and that's if the driver showed up on time for the swap in a day cab in rush hour traffic.

As for 5 days on 2 off I don't see that paying well unless you have a constant route and make it as efficient as possible sort that expect a lot of bad days.

Texas_hwy_287 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.