Biggest Complaint as a Truck Driver

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmerjohn64, Jul 8, 2020.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    It's even worse if you are driving a truck goverened at 65. There's always some ####### going 60 then as soon as he sees a truck that he knows is a 65 truck trying to pass his slow ### he speeds up to 66, then when you get behind him again he drops down to 60 again.

I think it's one of the main reasons that my company finally listened to all of the quitting drivers and gave us an hour at 70 so we can get away from some of the morons.

That and moving over for oncoming trucks that then speed up to your exact same speed and block you from moving back into the right lane is one thing that makes me feel like carrying a brick to throw out the window at some idiots.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    dwells40, Crude Truckin', Smut and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    The other half of that equation is the driver in the right lane being passed, won't let off the accelerator, or bump the cruise off for 5 or 6 seconds to let other said driver pass him and get back in the right lane. I probably let off at least 20 times a day. Slow down to 60 and it seems like the guy in the left lane passes you at 80 miles per hour. I might lose 3 or 4 minutes a day max. Keeps the traffic in the passing lane moving. Frankly, I'm just not in that big of a hurry that 5 minutes means a ###### thing to me!

nredfor88, dwells40, dunchues and 8 others Thank this.
  4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    It's trucking.

It's full of barbs, stingers, and howling frustrations.

I can't control the world around me. I can only control my reaction to it.

I've finally reached the point in my life where my reaction is, "I don't give a rat's right testicle what the effdashdashdash you're doing, just don't do it on my lawn."

Just about everything everyone else wrote is a daily frustration in trucking. Oh well.

Full disclosure, though, I drive a tanker, so I suffer very little shipper or receiver abuse.

If there's a delay, they're usually very apologetic, and I get paid hourly after the second hour of delay.

My waiting record is 26 hours. Got every penny of the detention without a peep.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    1) not enough parking

2) drivers leaving thier trucks at the fuel island and seemingly never coming out of the store

3) no more or wrong hours at the dinning room, and no all you can eat buffet

4) restrooms that are cleaned by shift, not hourly or more

5) overly priced food, drink items, cuz you are a captured customer

6) window wash buckets at the fuel islands, that are either empty or some dumbarse, used it to de-grease his truck

7) 4 wheelers using the wrong entrance to get into the truck stop

8) very loud, obnoxious TRUCKERS in the dinning area, and there are families in there as well

9) dirty truckers, that either refuse the shower ticket, or just do not take the time to shower

10) and dumbarse truckers, parking thier trucks in the middle of the customers yard, go inside to find out where to dock, and blocking everyone else.

6. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    The company I work for won’t pay me if I don’t work.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    why those dirty bastoidavitches.....

8. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I've always wondered why they didn't have a driver lockout feature on reefer controls when fully loaded and hooked to a tractor. Something that disabled the control panel to unauthorized users. I know the technology exists as reefers I ran could be remotely controlled by dispatch.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of freight at the mercy of any passerby.

9. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    When my friend Burns the entire bowl and then chokes it all up.

10. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You too huh?

Shall we form a support group?

11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    We must protest and burn down the streets

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.