Blast from the past...?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by I.cant.drive55, Jan 8, 2023.

1. I.cant.drive55

I.cant.drive55 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Hello, hey, hi, hey now.
    I haven't been active on this site in some time, not sure where to start. Im formally known as T_Trucker. I came on this forum shortly after getting my cdl in 2013. I documented my experience with a company out of Missouri, good ole UZ trans. Then i decided, hey! Lets lease a truck from SFI and run on their choice program. Had a long time thread documenting my time with them. Came back a few years ago to say that i was back in the industry that i started in....HOUSEHOLD. well, out of the few trucking jobs I've had, household treated me the worst. Bad news, no money, infact a few statements i owed the van line money. Lesson learned! Right?

I've been through alot in my journey driving a truck, seeing the country, sitting at docks, watching life through a windshield. Cussing out shippers/receivers in my head quietly ofcourse. I was 23 when i first started driving OTR. Im 32 now, i know, some guys have been doing this their whole life. Im still new right? Lol. Some days it doesn't feel like it. For the most part...i still love what i do. I've always enjoyed traveling, my girlfriend at the time of me getting my cdl is now my wife. No kids but this life has worked well for us. Some days i wish i was home, other days im reminded of why i love doing this!

Alot has happened since i was active on this forum. Not sure who is still here that may remember me if anyone at all! Im more so doing this to just document my latest adventure. Plus, im sure my fans have been dying to hear just what I've been up too (jk)

for the last 3 years i was a company driver for a small carrier near my house in florida, i got to live the dream of driving a beautiful peter car, glider, straight pipes, 8inch stacks, paper logs, jake breaks that would wake up the guy next to me falling asleep behind the wheel. Living out and filling my dream of being an outlaw trucker nobody told me how burnt out i would be after a few years. I had fun there. Great company, good boss, good money. The itch returned, however. Good or bad idea i didn't care. I wanted to run the spot market, i wanted to dispatch myself, so....thats what im doing.
    Now, i know most will say... "ARE YOU CRAZY?! CRAPPY RATES HIGH FUEL" and i will agree with you but it was my decision to jump in the deep end not knowing how to swim. The company im with gives me 80%. I work with whatever broker i choose, pull from any loadboard. Ive been with them for 2 months and I've been happy! Im here to start a thread documenting my adventure and to receive any and all advice or comments.

So, welcome welcome. I am going to stay active here and post my experience good and bad...ugly and uglier. If anyone remembers me or my older threads feel free to say howdy, or if you have no clue who i am still say howdy!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    FYI- This guy was T_Trucker and then Bedbuggin. I don't have any problem with him. Just wanted to point it out.

4. I.cant.drive55

Feb 13, 2017
    My truck is a 2019 freightliner cascadia.
    1st gen. 10spd. I got it with 363k, dd15. The red interior is making me think its an old heartland express truck. She runs great though! No problems, im pulling a brand new dry van, im doing well, but tossing around the idea of asking my company for a reefer trailer come spring.

I will say. After 3 years of nothing but reefer, these places i go to im IN and OUT in NO TIME! :D

Speed_Drums and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  5. I.cant.drive55

Feb 13, 2017
    Thanks! I couldn't remember either of my logins, my ttrucker account was banned because i was being an AHOLE. So i punched my email and password i used and this account came up, so figured I'd just go with it versus making another new account

6. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Red interior? Interesting. I haven’t seen a red interior since the ‘94 FLD I used to drive. Had no idea red was even an option, in this century. Haha.

JoeyJunk and I.cant.drive55 Thank this.
  7. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Me neither. All he needs now is a disco light with some bell bottoms :D:D Screenshot_20230108_202606_Chrome.jpg

8. I.cant.drive55

Feb 13, 2017
    I'll see about posting a pic. Its got the red seats, and the sleeper panel is red! If im right i believe all the first gen heartland cascadia's have them

ducnut Thanks this.
  9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    It is, my 2010 KW t660 has red interior..
    A3DE2502-E42B-47D1-8936-97CD863CEF54.jpeg 63C937AB-3A2A-45B2-9F58-93B65CCA6E60.jpeg

10. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    It’s interesting how they only did some of the rear panels and the seats. My FLD was every panel, ceiling, seats, and very dark. I’d forgotten just how dark it was, until I saw your pics. Nice that it’s vinyl, so it’s easy to clean.

We still have some T660’s at our company. The guys don’t want to give them up, as they’re manual trans. All the new trucks are taking forever, so that’s helping those guys, too.

Speed_Drums and Judge Thank this.
  11. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    That’s a good truck and I too like that body style, it’s a manual 10 speed, 3.36 rears, 600 hp tuned cummins, got to keep someone in it that you know how to drive as it’s not got a governor anywhere on it.
    B580DA48-79D9-49E5-9F91-011ABD1A6400.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.