Brown Line llc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tcwestby, Jul 20, 2018.

1. tcwestby

tcwestby Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Marysville, WA
    Several years ago I posted this company was great and they were. But in the last 2 years things have taken a turn for the worse starting with the installation of driver facing cameras and they are coming to the mother companiy Lymdrn transportation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Brown Line out of Wa./Or. ? You mean Lynden Trans ?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Lilkittyymom

Lilkittyymom Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2018
    Brown Line LLC is based in Mt Vernon WA & is a division of Lyndon Transport

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Cameras are pushed hard by the insurance companies. We’re a small 25 truck outfit so I see a lot of stuff that I wouldn’t see at larger companies.

One of the things I see is at least a couple of times a week is a carpet bagger coming in pitching all kinds of crap, from air hatches to miracle hoses, etc...

A couple of weeks ago an insurance clown came around. Me and the owner were in my truck replacing the ELD (old one fried) but that didn’t stop the monkey suit man from interrupting us to talk to the owner.

Anyway, he saw my personal camera. He starts right up with the owner about how he should put cameras in all his trucks. Most of us have cameras and the owner buys them for us if we want one, but it’s our choice. Boss man didn’t The boss man let him spill his guts while we continued getting the new ELD up and running.

On a good note, he sent the insurance goon packing with “I’m not changing my insurance”. Lol

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    We're a small company too and we finally put forward facing cameras in all the trucks. Makes sense, in this day and age and most of the drivers like it.

The insurance company offered us a break on rates if we'd install driver facing cameras too. The drivers hated that idea and I don't blame them. If we can't trust our drivers we shouldn't have them in a truck.

On salesmen...part of my job is dealing with vendors. The chief mechanic and I do all the purchasing. Salesmen are a pain, especially when they walk right in with no appointment and expect us to drop what we're doing.
    Sometimes I'd like to do this:

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Maybe the cape and fangs scared him.....

Frank Speak and mjd4277 Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    There you go Frank,free eats!!
    And if the salesman is from Kentucky,well....

Lonesome and Frank Speak Thank this.
  9. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I wouldn’t let my teeth touch anything as unsavory as an insurance scumbag. That would be *almost* as bad as a lawyer.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Even a possible Kentuckian???
    Wow!!

11. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Yeah, I like my outward facing camera. I can’t imagine drivers having an issue with that.

Salesman dude wasn’t slick tongue suit wearing irritant. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.