BROKER SAID LOAD DELIVERED FRIDAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Stanleyjoey92, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Stanleyjoey92

Stanleyjoey92 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2023
    Hauling a load for Bieri Brokerage Co. rate con and all paperwork says Friday delivery, but when I called customer they informed me they are closed Friday and will be open on Monday. What are my next steps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Star Rider

Star Rider Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Michigan
    Case of beer and a lot lizard, enjoy your weekend, Try and squeeze more money from the broker.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  4. Stanleyjoey92

Stanleyjoey92 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2023
    That’s the plan. It’s a load of crane mats so can’t really drop it off at a local warehouse

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Next step is to learn to start doing your own homework. Call ahead, usually while loading or even sooner, and make sure your delivery appt is good.

Good luck, it happens sometimes anyway, especially around holidays when people all of a sudden decide to close early.

6. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Remember that you always call shippers and receivers when you get a rate con. Can't get ahold of one or the other, i ain't wasting my time.

7. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    They seem to get all of their loads by copy/pasting, so I really wouldn't expect them to know anything about the load. They are always well under the average on their posted rates as well. It's even worse when you have access to the same list they do and you can see how much they are cutting the rate. I would much rather run empty to get a good load than waste time with these bottom feeder companies for fuel money.

Keep an eye on the boards for a bunch of loads with the same details from different brokers, usually spammed several times, and that will give you a good idea of which companies to avoid working with.

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Got into that, but the shipper screwed up and put friday delivery and mine don’t unload until monday.
    I got a motel for 3 nights for little less than $250 and another $1,000 on rate.
    Couldn’t call receiver because they were closed time I got loaded, but I’d been to the place a bunch, They’d have taken it, but they were full.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.