Cant pass an inspection poem

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by CATastrophic, Feb 10, 2019.

1. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    If you think gigantic Corp are untouchable try again, Werner just got handed a 90,000,000.00 dollars judgement

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CATastrophic

CATastrophic Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2019
    The one I worked for was, not werner.

4. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    Company I was with didnt allow enough time for proper pre-trips. Yard time would of been way too high. Didnt have too anyway. Yes, I know I could of left and I did. That's your opinion, driver, and I respect that. Not on here to argue.

Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Sounds like you became used to running crap equipment and thought it was the norm. It isn't. Now you have been inspected with violations and more than once. So the dot runs your number and see you have had vehicle maintenance issues so they pull you in too see of you have upped your game. Get used to it as it probably will continue.

6. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    You can say a square has four corners and people will argue with you. Please understand, this was my experience. Everybody's experience is different. I was very indoctrinated by former employers. I'm in a different ballgame now and (once again my experience) way more rules apply. I'm not asking for sympathy just a little understanding. Not a lot of that amongst men now days. Just a lot of scorn and resentment because another persons situation isnt like theirs. I wish I could of started driving in the 80s or 90s when drivers helped each other and were part of a team.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  7. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
  8. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    You can say a square has four corners and people will argue with you. Please understand, this was my experience. Everybody's experience is different. I was very indoctrinated by former employers. I'm in a different ballgame now and (once again my experience) way more rules apply. I'm not asking for sympathy just a little understanding. Not a lot of that amongst men now days. Just a lot of scorn and resentment because another persons situation isnt like theirs or maybe it is and that's just the way it is. I wish I could of started driving in the 80s or 90s when drivers helped each other and were part of a team. Not a lot of that nowadays.

9. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    I forgot to put my disclaimer 'I was a kid in the 80s and 90s. I've only heard of how it was in this era from older drivers I used to work with. Not everybody's experience is going to be the same.' Kind of like what you hear at the end of medicine commercials where they mention all the side affects.

10. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    You are the captain of the ship ,I say no than yes, if you all ways say yes them tickets will make you uninsurable and not hireable

11. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    Thanks for the advice. Trucks in the shop getting fixed as we speak. I'm always trying to educate myself. I was just glad I didnt get busted on the 150 mile trip back home to fix the lights. I dont know a reputable shop around fort worth, I cant afford a hotel, I cant afford late fees for the load, etc. That was a chance I had to take or I'm done. I also couldn't afford a wrecker. If I fixed every tiny problem immediately on the spot, i would go broke with wrecker fees. Nobody goes exactly by the book. Nobody. We do what we can. I also carry almost any tool you can imagine and some spare parts, but I cant have a spare part for everything.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.