CARB is at it again

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by javelinjeff, Apr 30, 2017.

1. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    Newest proposed regulations for compliance
    Truck engine must be 13 years or younger
    Or truck must have less than 800k miles
    If truck has less than 800k miles it can go up to 18 years.
    Whichever of these standards is greater is the one you can use.
    Not sure when this takes effect, I have sent CARB an e-mail inquiring about this

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
    This might be a silly question, but why would mileage matter? Is it efficiency? 800K, 13 and 18 yrs... Wonder where those numbers come from. I bet somewhere in the #### region.

4. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    My guess would be that the systems are not nearly as reliable as they were claimed to be when introduced into production. I see many trucks putting out smoke that smells like unburnt fuel at 2 second intervals on "compliant" trucks

Bakerman Thanks this.
  5. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I believe this was part of the deal brokered between Moonbeam and the ATA, as well as a few other trucking groups to raise the gas tax.

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
  7. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Why do people tolerate this? All their emissions and the stupid kingpin law. Is the money in California so good that it is worth it? I for one would never haul anything there. Seems like if all the truckers told them to F off they would suddenly find themselves in a heck of a pickle and would cave on this nonsense. I am all for taking care of our earth but it is retarded to think doing one thing in a single state is going to make any difference to the earth when all the other states are doing other things.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    No point in asking why people tolerate it. Because, no matter how well known, and how bad the conditions are, there will always be a number of folks who will jump on the bandwagon. It's to make money. That is why they tolerate it.
    Look, any state that would bring back that slime ball governor again, just has to be populated by total idiots.

9. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    My question though is the money in California better? I have never hauled anything there I don't know. Seems like there is enough freight elsewhere where you don't have to deal with these morons. Now if freight their pays a premium I could see people doing it. I have one customer who has a TON of red tape to deal with and pays SLOW (90-120 days) but they pay nearly double the rate of anyone else so I deal with it.

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Let me put it this way. I have no idea about what freight pays in Californicatia. I was always a company driver, and never saw a penny difference between Californy and any other state. Of course, that isn't quite true, since CA has that idiotic 55 MPH speed for trucks. Or they did back then anyway. So it did actually cost me money to drive in Cali.

11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Cali will never get rid of the 55

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.