Careful with sexist behavior, almost got kicked out of CDL class

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by seamutt, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    You probably just didn't want to deal with it or risk losing your tuition but by bending the knee you enabled her, the school and the dark, sick HR system while losing many of your rights. Now if she says pretty much anything they can take your tuition, boot you from their school and you have no recourse. The next time this happens at the school they'll do it to another student. The next time she meets someone who doesn't celebrate her mental illness likes she thinks they should she'll make another complaint. The only way this sort of thing stops is when you fight for your rights. .

Definitely wasn't the first time that she made a frivolous complaint. Won't be the last. She'll keep doing that until someone shuts her down. You do that by getting an attorney to write a cease and desist letter (about $150). When there are actual consequences for her actions she'll stop retaliating against anyone who makes her feel bad, no matter how ridiculous her standards are. I would have definitely flipped the script when they called me into the office and told me the allegations. that had been made against me. Something like, "I'm not signing anything. My attorney will be in touch with my response to your claims." The school was afraid that she might hire a lawyer. If you actually do hire a lawyer that's a much bigger threat to them.

Is it fair that you have to bear the burden of dealing with his psychob!tc#? No, but if someone had done something like that before she wouldn't have done that to you. Now some other poor sucker is going to hit by her wrath. Fifty years ago there were twice the number of people in psychiatric hospitals as there are today. In that time the US population has doubled!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    You have to "ask" before you ask a question are you easily offended because seriously you have such a fragile mental part of society running around. I'm truly thankful my children are out of schools nowadays (concerned about my grandchildren).

I have a great diverse friend base and my family is extremely large. I can have all the fun I want with them. I don't play well with yellow bellies and the woe is me type. I'm thankful for growing up in the 70's (69 a great year to be born :D:D).

The sad part is there are people with real mental challenges (my brother works in that arena) their arena has been hijacked by these fakers complaining about every "little splinter of hard times that affect them. Thank the Lord for getting through real difficulties in life. All the best to all of you. Enjoy the journey we're only here for a short time.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I think there’s more to this story
    It seems like you may have made several comments and to me or others here they may have been harmless but a few harmless comments may have triggered this person into feeling threatened especially with her underlying conditions, being married, and getting into a career that may be out of her comfort zone?

As mentioned. I personally would get that doc removed and threaten to sue them

This can only end up badly if left alone and dug up down the road
    What real reason does the school need it anyway? A verbal “ watch yourself “ comment is all they should have said

Again
    Unless there’s more to the story

What happens if you end up at the same company as her? Or run into her on the road?
    A lot of situations can show up and if you live near the school which I assume you do. Then she probably lives near you as well

ncmickey and 201 Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    To all members that said to keep your mouth closed, and don't say much, I agree wholeheartedly. With some women, it ain't about what you say. If they feel uncomfortable for any reason, it will be cause for an issue. I agree that folks have become too sensitive about everything, so at this point, it's best speak only if spoken too.

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    The new X1?
    This is quite disturbing, people are so thin skinned today, you can't blow a fart without offending someone. My gut reaction, and only thinking what my old man would say, oh, boo hoo, I have a headache,,,this is who wants to drive a truck today? But that doesn't help this person, who clearly was in the wrong place, and who knows what lashing he got from this gal, maybe she was pixxed at the old man that day. If SHE'S going to truck driving school, something rotten. My advice, I've said seemingly harmless things here and got scolded for it, but keep on going, I wouldn't even look at this person, you are there to learn a trade, not deal with this gals PMS. If it's any consolation, you'll deal with idiots that are quick to complain, you HAVE to let it roll off you. I know it's not as easy as just turning off the CB, but don't let this deter you.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What I would do is shun her and be distant with the rest of the class.
    Focus on the goal of graduating.
    Shunning includes not making eye contact; the person does not exist.
    The person you're shunning becomes extremely uncomfortable around you, but can't complain because you haven't done anything he/she can describe.
    It is also a powerful tool of social control because of the effect of isolation on the shunned person.

8. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    And THEY can accuse you in ignoring THEM.

seamutt and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Yeah, I agree with Chinatown. Stay as far away from Mrs. Toxic as you can, don't have any conversations regarding what
    happened with anyone and just concentrate on what your there to achieve.

10. LameMule

LameMule Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Montana
    I once "misgendered" a cashier at a petro. Their coworker heard it and corrected me. I responded by telling the truth (they looked more like a female to me than a male) and we all laughed and moved on.

I think a big issue is people being unwilling to confront someone when there's an actual issue of impropriety and then either party being unwilling to concede their pride a bit to reach some mutual understanding.

HR and emotional support groups for the offended rather than pulling up our pants and dealing with our problems, we're a misguided society.

Rocks, spindrift, seamutt and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Man im so sick of people. Odds are she won't last the first year. Trouble makers and cry babies tend to not weather this job very well.

Don't fw people man. I don't talk to anyone more then I have to. I had a great time in school but I stuck to my roommates/friends I made.

When you get out on the road it's different, but I don't talk to random women on the day to day outside of what's needed for work.
    It ain't a social call.

Magoo1968, Arctic_fox, seamutt and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.