Carrier quarterlies out again.......

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by chalupa, Aug 24, 2013.

1. beeznduck

beeznduck Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2012
    lol frog seems to forget what I told him about that. I have had my cdl since 1998. drove t/t for 2 years then straight and dump trucks. decided to go back to otr 2 years ago so I had to go for a refresher. I don't blame frog for being forgetful, but I do resent the fact that he keeps attacking me for no reason. as I have said before whenever someone says something negative about usa truck frog jumps all over them. the truth is usa in in big trouble, sure they are trying to come around and I wish all drivers the best of luck, I for one jumped ship before it sinks, sorry for looking out for my future!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    truth is I have been on this forum since 2007 and people were saying the same things 6 years ago,telling people the same stuff they are saying now.I know for a fact no one knows anything about the future of this company one way or the other.The only info anyone has is the financial info that is available for anyone to see and analyze and critique etc etc.The truth is if anyone on here had any idea about anything concerning the companies future they wouldn't be truck drivers for a living lol.We all just speculate on things we really know very little about.None of us on here could run a corporation and do better or we would already be doing that,nuff said

J_FROG Thanks this.
  4. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Frogs only attack insects they can eat, mostly flies. So I don't think I've attacked anyone her, just commented on the facts, which btw noone had to tell me. Its easy to see for yourself.

Now going back to the quarterlies, there were other companies that reported earnings less than the same quarter last year so if you read the entire article you can see we are for a fact making headway.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  5. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    If it weren't for the recovery of fuel rebates from that whole Pilot flying J scandal USA would have lost more than they did.

6. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    if it weren't for mismanagement the last 6 years we would never be discussing this 6 years later still

J_FROG Thanks this.
  7. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    According to Yahoo the paid down debt by 2 mill but is that anything to get excited about with 150 mil in debt? Its hard to wonder if it will keep going down and it doesn't when do the banks finally lose their faith?

8. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Indeed Frog, they did.....however a negative ratio is just that, negative. USA still spends more than they take in even though they cut that number by 4% it's still bleeding.....

The point is the contrast between them and their progress and other mega's. Many other mega's reported operating ratios in the low 80's which is fantastic compared to an industry that runs in the 90% range. It suggests USA is still doing something wrong.

The report indicates that USA is running 24% behind like and kind competitors in profit and loss. Not a good thing. 4% in a qtr in the right direction is not saying much but more wht it doesn't say.......

I do admire their tenacity tho. They continue to keep digging at it.

Nothing personal Frog, just the quarterlies as published by the carrier.

9. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Nothing taken as personal. I just like to be an optimist even to the point of buying company stock when its low and selling it when its even lower...

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  10. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Ahh yes...the eternal optimist. One could make a butt load of cash here IF mgmt. could turn the iron around. Mind you I'm no guru of trucks or stocks but it's not hard to see this guy is still doing something wrong. His peer group picked up an easy 10% across the board in improvements and the USA truck got a 4% so...wtf?

Hard to have faith here, Cliffy put the carrier in the bowl and it looks like this guy is following suit.

Later...and hang on tight bud.....

11. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Well, if I'm wrong it won't be the first or the last time, but if I'm right I see the potential for a lot of profit to be made. Even if there is a buyout. So ill just keep buying the stock while its cheap.

RetiredSarge Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.