Central Transport pay and sign on bonus questions

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by BigGreg, Jul 29, 2018.

1. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Central in my area has nice equipment and the only ltl business that uses electric pallet jacks.

That being said I don't see them in my route like I do RL and Estes. They must service particular customers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Yup I'm in Scranton area. Central transport has crap ton of ads on craigslist and indeed. ad from craigslist..
    Screenshot_20180922-103858_Samsung Internet.jpg

speedyk Thanks this.
  4. CTusa

CTusa Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2019
    I work there. The pay is better than average. I got a 4000 sign on bonus over a year pay out last payment on month 12th was 1000. City drivers have brand new trailers line haul has the old trailers line haul is always stressing out at scales. Wishing they had new trailers as well.

jmz, EuropeanTrucker and speedyk Thank this.
  5. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Scab outfit !!! Owned by the Nazi clan , they were once a strong company back in the day , but now they are the Swift of the ltl world , very toxic place to work .....(((AVOID)))

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    What?

Why would they give new tlrs to city first who have minimal/no scales to run & wear equipment out faster?

Is anything else done backwards there?

7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Because customers won't load their junk trailers

8. CTusa

CTusa Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2019
    The reason to give new trailers to city drivers is to look good for pick up and delivery companies. But then all the freight is consolidated to other trailers mostly older trailers. Constant problem with old trailers is abs light. But they are getting better year by year buying new trailers. One of the best paying trucking conpanies is for sure and home every day.

9. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    Now it's time to bring in some reality. Gone are the days at Central when the equipment was garbage....and it wasn't that long ago. My brother has been driving for them going on 2 years (I cringed when he told me he was going to Central). I feared what everyone else mentioned were their concerns, crap everything, equipment, management, etc etc.

But from what I've heard and observed from my bro, in 2018 and 2019...it couldn't be farther from the truth. Now, there are factors that maybe come in to play here...his terminal is relatively small, and all the drivers seem decent, respectful of everyone else, no knuckleheads...everyone pulls their own and works, and on top of that the Terminal Manager and Dispatcher also seem to know their stuff and treat everyone fairly and with respect. That combined with brand new equipment, both tractors and trailers (including some new liftgates) my brother has had a very pleasant experience.

My 2nd hand experience here in Minnesota is the same, all new equipment, both tractors and trailers, the drivers tell me the pay is good and they are treated fairly.

Granted, each terminal and region has the potential to go downhill quick...but I've seen much worse equipment lately at YRC and ABF so....for what its worth!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.