CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Yikes... sudden gastric distress... giving new meaning to "smothered covered and chunked"...

Where do I come up with these ideas... need another mental health day!

paul_4lp, Rugerfan and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I had a routing dilemma today... Coming down 59/ 20 in to Meridian Mississippi, the illustrious Fuel and routing Department wanted me to stay on 20 over to Jackson and then turn South on 55.

I was thinking I'd take 59 all the way down to I-12 to avoid the construction on I-55 below Jackson and it might be 10 or 15 miles longer.

Wrong way Wanda, that's my GPS, said I should take 59 down to u.s. 84 and take that West to I-55 and then head south.

Well Wanda's route prove to be 30 miles shorter than the company route and 20 miles shorter than my route.

So I took it... Nice Road... 80 miles of divided highway and not very many slowdowns or stops.

I swear I heard Wanda say" told you so".

That's why I call her my nagagator.

By the way, when comparing routes, I don't go for the shortest route, I usually go for the fastest. After all, if the motor is not running it's not burning any fuel. The fuel and routing department has sent me over routes that are 40 miles shorter and take 2 hours longer... Needless to say I don't take that route.

I enjoyed the change of scenery today.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    @double yellow hey dubs, haven't seen you in a long time... I hope life, your truck, and the misses are treating you well

5. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I'm in the Laredo yard for the night... I can't remember the last time I spend the night here. Usually it's Turn and Burn.

I got in 11 hours early, but oh shucks, the broker was already closed for the day

Drop it at the yard let them inspect the trailer, and get on down the road with my pre-plan to Waco... The last time I got my Waco triangle I did 3000 Miles that week so I guess I'm not complaining.

I deliver at 1345, live unload, in Waco tomorrow which means it's probably too late for any of the outgoing loads... Hopefully I'll get a nice long ride out of Waco the following day.

paul_4lp, Cerberus XVI and Rugerfan Thank this.
  6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Hey Rooster, glad to see so many familiar names still here. Anyone heard from Mustang, Cargo, Breen, or NTAT?

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  7. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Mustang, I think somebody else is doing his job in the big house now, I don't know if you moved up or moved out haven't heard or seen his name.

Cargo makes an appearance now and then rarely make sense but always funny.

Breen was talking about going to the dark side, LTL, but haven't heard if that definitely happens.

NTAT went to the oil patch until the patch dried up. I honestly forgot where he ended up when he came back to the real world. My chemo brain in action again... absolutely no memory.

8. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Flying vajayjay in Waco... heading to Longview in the morning... I see a load for a large home improvement company in my future.

paul_4lp and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  9. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Well, how's it going Cerb?

10. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Just finished Day 2 at Truck Dynasty. Was pretty relaxed, did pre-trip all morning. Then after lunch we started basic shifting and drove around the yard a few times. Tomorrow they're taking my wife and i, plus the two other people in our class to a country road they use to drive and practice more shifting.

So glad we picked CFI! They take care of us so well while we're in school.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  11. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Good to hear... before you know it you'll be driving for money!!!

When you hear about million miles, accident free, you will say how?

After your first year, you will be saying, I got this....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.