CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Isn't the offset like parallel or am I forgetting something? Obviously you don't have the tight space size of a parallel space... give that some thought.

Glad to hear its going well! Keep it up

paul_4lp and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Yeah they are pretty much the same thing but, we were having a hard time keeping the truck straight and so we would start out at an angle which would throw off the whole maneuver. But now we know how to keep it straight and fix our mistakes when we are off course a little it's alot easier. I think doing parallels helped us master offsets alot better. Made it a little easier.
    And I know this is gonna sound like excuses but we're using older trucks that have quite a bit of play in the steering wheel and we're in an old dirt lot with a whole bunch of pot holes, add that to the fact that we were both noobies who had never driven a truck before it's safe to say it made keeping the truck straight a little difficult haha quite a big learning curve.

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  4. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Cortulla Texas, I-35 exit 68... Heading to Nebraska I wonder if it's warm up there this time of year

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Guru, I got hung up doing a live load didn't get to the yard till 11:30 grab a quick taco, and headed out to a live load so we missed each other obviously...

We keep staying in touch we'll cross paths one of these days

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  6. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    I think I might have seen you drive past me at the yard. I didn’t get to the yard until 11. It took 2 hours to get the load sorted out and finally drop it. I picked up my current load and headed out late this afternoon. I found a nice spot at one of these new Texas rest areas to spend my break. I have to admit, things are bigger in Texas.

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  7. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Petro in York Nebraska...somewhere on I-80.

Heading to McPherson Kansas, but don't have to be there till Tuesday... Guess who's doing a 34 in York Nebraska?

I'll just keep an eye on the weather, and if it starts to threaten I'll blow off the 34 and get down closer to the customer.

So far, it looks like sunshine through Tuesday... I'm sorry, this ain't Nebraska and it ain't winter.

Knucklehead and double yellow Thank this.
  8. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I was Southbound on 35 the other day going by the Italy truck stop in Texas.

I saw the funniest thing, two trucks had turned North on the service road... I think service road is a generous... It's more like a paved path.

Well the pass ended, and both trucks were stuck in the mud... That's not the funny part!

There is a tow truck approximately the size of an F250 dually backing up to them on that paved path....

I can just hear the conversation between the tow truck driver and his partner sitting next to him...

"Hold my beer Cletus, I got this"!!!

mitrucker and double yellow Thank this.
  9. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    No offense, but it's been said that it's better to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

:fart:

Cw5110 Thanks this.
  10. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    That mom and pop just south of the Petro is a decent place. Their Huddle House is really good.

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  11. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    Would that be the Black Pine Tree? Awesome selection. And I can't remember what it's called, but it has peanut sauce and peanuts on it. It's like a desert sushi. So good!!!

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.