CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    Well I’m headed to Houston for Monday. Sitting in fort Stockton with no tv
    I lost my Memphis load due to not having enough hours and I don’t want a reset since I’m going home this week. On a good note, I’m eating ice cream

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    JUST PASSED MY EXAM FIRST TRY. Let’s GOOOOOO. Next stop. Joplin Missouri

mitrucker, subseaguru and RoadRooster Thank this.
  4. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Good job out of you... You are officially called Baby trucker no more grasshopper... After you finish with your training trip, and deliver your first load, we will call you driver!

Cerberus XVI, mitrucker and Ultratowel Thank this.
  5. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Rooster is Park in Fort Myers... Rooster Junior Cannot come and pick me up, the rental car places close today, I'm going for Uber... I could save 20 bucks, and spend the night in the truck, what's in rooster wouldn't be happy...

Rooster will be extremely happy in about an hour... Long neck bottle let go of my hand... Smelling that shrimp beginning to boil...

mitrucker and subseaguru Thank this.
  6. CMBreen

CMBreen Heavy Load Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Midwest City,OK
    Hey everyone hope everyone is doing good and staying safe. Hubs has been with the new company for a month now and it's been great, love our new truck and the fact that he's always stacked on loads. Had to sit in Georgia last weekend because they couldn't find any loads light enough for us to carry, with our belly boxes can only haul about 38,000 lbs or less. but it wasn't too bad, got to relax while still getting paid. Another thing I like is the fact that we're a name and not a truck number, hell the 2 dispatchers/planners dont even know what our truck number is LOL. Stay safe out there !!!

7. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Looks like cfi actually cares about their drivers. A lot more than any other starter company that I can see out there which is why I’m making my decision to drive for them. Can’t wakt to be out on the road in two weeks.

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  8. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Dang cold front followed me down here...hi of 71 on Wednesday...brrrr

9. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Hey rooster. So I have my information for orientation at cfi. So I have to do another road test and backing test to get hired dear god. I was never trained parallel...

10. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Fear not baby trucker...if you do a parallel, that's news to me. It's the same as offset backing. You will use real trailers instead of cones... it's easier because a trailer is easier to see than a cone.

The purpose of testing you is for evaluation of strength and weakness. The info is given to your finisher so he knows what to work on.

Most finishers put you through all the manuvering drills to evaluate you further....all before heading out.

For the road test, don't do anything that could get you a ticket and you will be fine.

When I was a finisher, I operate on the assumption that you were good enough for the state, good enough for orientation, so you were good enough for me. My only goal was to make you better.

Cerberus XVI Thanks this.
  11. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    It’s 88 on the sunny Texas gulf coast. I really would like to do some fishing but alas, this shipper has changed my plans. :(

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.