CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    yup next step will do rooster

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    So I may or may not have forgotten to put he cap on my def tank and drove for about 150 miles that way. Def all over the side skirt of my truck near the tank. Washed most of it off with a scrubby at a fuel island. Going to California next. Should I get my truck washed Incase a stingy cop says something? I’m sure I’m over thinking things like usual. Never been to California yet. Only thing I know is the 40 law and no idling I think which is gonna suck. How do I cool off the truck if I can’t idle??

paul_4lp and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  4. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Courtney was there yesterday. I spoke to her about a recent reference I had.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    So, next driver to use the squeegee gets def all over his hood, window seals, wipers and blades? Shame on you son. Dot doesnt care.

paul_4lp, mitrucker and Rugerfan Thank this.
  6. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    I said a scrub. Not the squeegee. But I did use the water from the squeegee bucket and okay cool. Because I heard they care if you have even a little bit of diesel on your fuel tanks.

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  7. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    And the tandems. The rear tire on my trailer tandem. I have to have the 40 line in the middle of that tire or further back right?

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  8. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Boss/Pilot in grand island. 2 stopped in grand island and Hastings tomorrow, the a pick up in grand island heading yo Macon Georgia....dangerously close to home and I'm not even hilighted!

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    You can idle. You have a clean idle truck and a sticker I’m sure. Don’t worry about it. Everyone idles out here

paul_4lp and Ultratowel Thank this.
  10. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Thank you! First time in Cali...Just trying to double check on exactly where the 40 foot mark need to be on my tandems. Is it between my two random tires or right in the center of the rear tandem tire and further back as long as the middle of my rear tandem tire does not go back past the 40?

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    The middle of your rear axle at the 40ft mark is legal. Now that being said, I saw a truck roll through the cottonwood NB super coop on I5 the other day with tandems all the way to the back on a 53 so idk how much it’s enforced.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.