CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I thought you meant the lane width. I saw local drivers dragging the trailers forward.

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Na. Those situations arnt challenging if you know how to do a proper setup before you back... For me anyways...

4. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    look how far we have come, seems like just last year we were sweating backing, even the easiest of backs..oh wait..

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  5. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Funny that you say that. Today marks my one year anniversary with CFI and my first year of experience as an otr driver. April 1 of last year was my first day in Joplin. This last year went by fast as hell.

6. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    this year really has gone by quick, its really insane to think about how much you learn over the road. I remember sweating even the smallest of things and now can do them with ease. And in that year im surprised to say ive only ever had two backing situations that i was seriously troubled with!

7. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    i dropped my nogales relay at wilmer. i wanted to get it to el paso but apparently one of the many trucks sitting in dallas could use the miles. bobtailed home and now have a cold cylindrical aluminum can in my hand.

paul_4lp, hollywood76 and RoadRooster Thank this.
  8. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Ah yes, a little nip of the smooth refresher...have I ever told you that you suck?

Actually, I hit the Roadhouse as soon as I knew my truck was going to Cummins.

Big giant frosty mug, a little floater of ice on top, peanut shells everywheree some steak, shrimp, and some Cabernet...

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Heading to Gainesville, VA to pick up my truck on Monday. Getting a 2019 Pete 579 with only 14k on it. It’s about freakin’ time!!!!!!

10. hollywood76

hollywood76 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    milwaukee wisconsin
    Woohoo talked to cfi might make the switch soon but want to get 6 months exp first . Truck in shop pulling to the right hard someone flipped a trailer with lumber and pipe I hit the pipe not hitting median or other cars around me so lucky I'm on a 34 hr reset in Springfield Ohio delivered 30 miles then came to terminal . Keep ur head on a swivel and keep a good distance be safe out on the road

paul_4lp, RoadRooster and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  11. Cerberus XVI

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    thats exciting, how many more months you got until 6mo?

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.