CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Been debating if I should get the short term disability this year...? If you fail your dot physical could that qualify you to pull from it?

paul_4lp and RoadRooster Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Well, didn't want to talk about my load out of Laredo. There are a bunch of us, 10 trucks maybe. Hauling stage equipment for the Jonas Brothers to smoothie King arena in new Orleans. We are all staged up waiting our turn to unload.

Great view of the Superdome right next door...waitin wfor the Cajun food trucks to show up and feed us all! 1573559397830-1955025691.jpg

paul_4lp, Vic Firth, Kidd05 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I've decided, when I retire, I want to haul gear on a Jimmy Buffett tour...they have the best tailgate parties!

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    Wow lucky that'd be a cool run to do ...

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  6. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    It was cool. I got out of my truck once in 5 hours. 4 docks, 12 trucks, we were staged in a big parking lot, a woman comes around, shakes each driver's hand and tells us roughly what number we are based on trailer contents. While I was staged, I got out to take pictures and remove my pad lock. Didn't know it, but they had already removed the bolt seals.

When they call you to the dock, they open your doors for you. A guy with a hand held cb talks you in. When you are done, you pull forward and they close your doors...they lady comes by and thanks you again, and they give you awesome directions to get back on the interstate from underneath one of the nastiest spaghetti junctions you've ever seen. I am lucky, and it was a blast!

paul_4lp, Ultratowel and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    It reminds me of a time I was going on home time and I delivered at Epcot in walt Disney world. Had to drive in tight areas in the back stage area right behind all the fake.buildings in the park. Was pretty interesting.

8. Ultratowel

Jul 7, 2017
    What kind of exercises if any do you guys do while on the road? I just learned 32 laps around your truck is a mile. The more you know... Maybe try and do this once a day?...

9. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    32 laps around the buffet for me!!!

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  10. VegasDriverMan

VegasDriverMan Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks for the recipe!

I have an adjustable kettlebell and do deadlifts, squats and overhead presses with it. Also pushups with my feet on the floor and hands on the bunk and inverse rows with my feet on the bed and my hands holding the upper bunk. I have a weighted vest to make the pushups and the inverse rows harder (mostly so I don't have to do as many).

I don't do these as much as I should...

RoadRooster and paul_4lp Thank this.
  11. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    I did that when I was teaming there ... Larado to San Francisco AT&T ball park for Pink Floyd ... We hauled part of the wall
    Backed right up by home base ...was pretty cool!

I'm in El Dorado,AR again... Got here yesterday at 1230pm #18 to drop... Now I'm at #8 ... Fun fun ... Think this makes 4th time here in 30 days... Was just here Monday but no delay, just quick drop n hook .... I can't say that about P&G in Pineville LA where I loaded Monday night in the cold front and rain... Dropping trl in dock for a live load... Took them 5 hours .... Going home.on the 25th for the week... Get some turkey !

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.