CFI is not as good a company as they think they are.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Doggnczy, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    The only thing I read in your post that would alarm me is charging for per diem and equipment. Why would you pay them to do something you can do yourself? Set up a simple spreadsheet and track your per diem and claim it yourself when you file your taxes.

As far as the dog, what makes you think it should be ok to drag that albatross into the buildings where other people are, people that might not appreciate, or even like, your “companion”?

And, you’re lucky they let you take it at all. I wouldn’t allow pets in my truck for any price.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    skyviper73, Selva, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    They LOVE dogs in the Philippines according to a Philippine friend of mine. Some like them medium well, others well, but they all love them.

I tried one, but they just don’t have the zip of a Kentuckian.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    88 Alpha, D.Tibbitt, mjd4277 and 4 others Thank this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Per diem cannot be claimed by employees. It has to be tracked by the employer. Doesn't mean they should charge for something automatic on elogs.

As far as "companion animals" go, it's ########. Not legally enforcable at all. If you have a $50,000 seeing eye dog or assistant dog for disability that's fine. They're trained for that and are allowed under the law. No law allows "companion animals" anywhere regular pets aren't.

D.Tibbitt, Frank Speak and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    You can do it yourself, just have to keep records. I used to do it myself back when I was OTR. I just kept my logbooks and a simple spreadsheet.

But, the point, as we both alluded to, is you shouldn’t be paying them for doing part of their job.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The law was changed last year. Per diem cannot be deducted by the employee.

Jenn72 and Frank Speak Thank this.
  7. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Oh, ok. I was still on paper logs when I was doing it. I’m local now days.

Texas_hwy_287 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Maybe you tried the wrong breed, Frank.....
    8 Most Popular Dogs in Kentucky – Dogisto

9. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Dogs are filthy and disgusting animals. I should know because I've owned a few. I love them to death but let's be honest here, they are stinky and destructive creatures.

10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    she will learn just give her time. the trucking industry is a tough job.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Don’t work for companies with cameras and especially don’t work for companies that have any sort of payroll service fees.

There’s plenty of smaller companies willing to pay you fairly, with new trucks, and they direct deposit into your checking account for free.

For the life of me I don’t understand why some drivers seem to be taking up for CFI because this driver has a dog. After a year or two being on the road it’s boring.

This driver chooses to have a dog to keep from going crazy. I’m sure CFI knew of the dog before they hired her. If they are ok with it (obviously they are they take drivers with dogs) then it’s not crazy to think that a driver doesn’t want to leave their dog in a hot non idle truck.

Unemployment is at what 3% the ball is in the employee’s hands not the employers. But some of you insist on being sheep and let your employers crap on you. Dirty trucks with cameras and payroll service fees is a joke in today’s job market.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.