Charged with falsification on gun application!?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, May 17, 2020.

1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    "Collateral consequences, the misdemeanor charge would result in a lifetime prohibition of the possession of a firearm under federal and state law."
    Looks like you didnt look good enough
    i dont care about your opinion and how stupid of charge it is that doesnt change what it means.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    gotcha judge

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I had a similar issue while getting a TWIC card.
    I was arrested for a fellony, but then convicted of a misdemeanor after the court hearing.

"The Man" still though it was a fellony charge. I had to contact the court in that jusrisdiction to get the actual record and send it to the man....

Your tax dollars hard at work setting up a hodge-podge system.

5. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    yeah but I bet you have a gun don’t you lol?

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I'm just saying. Try to contact the court in your county to get the actual records that it wasn't a fellony...

Just trying to help. Relax.

7. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    no I looked over the docket online wasent a felony misdeamnor 1 dosent day anything about 5 years just 364 days min and 364 days max probation not one year In jail or 5 years max I looked over the entire docket and summary.

8. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    Hell thinking it over If it isn’t dropped and I got to trial in front of a jury just so the #### state loses thousands of dollars at the end oh boy you wanna fine me? Ok imagine 12 people who have to prove I did this on purpose like without a reasonable doubt that I tried to mislead authorities anit gonna happen no regular person would vote guilty would you?

9. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    n Pennsylvania, prosecutors cannot hold you criminally liable for unsworn falsification to authorities if your statements were simply “mistaken” and not intended to mislead or deceive. For example, if you are applying for a driver’s license renewal and you mistakenly write down the wrong medical condition with which you have been diagnosed and that might prevent you from being renewed, an intent to mislead does not exist and no crime has been committed.

10. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    Unsworn falsification to authorities is defined by Section 4904 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes. Under the statute, a criminal defendant may be held liable for unsworn falsification if the prosecution establishes that the defendant:

1. Intended to mislead a public servant performing an official function; by
    2. Making any written false statement which he does not believe to be true; or
    3. Submitting or inviting reliance on any writing which he knows to be forged, altered, or otherwise lacking in authenticity; or
    4. Submitting or inviting reliance on any sample, specimen, map, boundary mark, or other object which he knows to be false.
    For example, suppose that you are applying for a gun license. You knowingly lie about having been convicted or charged with a prior crime on your application. The courts will determine that your actions were intended to mislead the public servant (performing an official function), and that the written statement was false.

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I think there is confusion between state/county and federal records.

I don't think you passed the federal check and the state is just relaying what the feds told them through the background check.

You get convicted of "whatever" from any LEO and somehow the feds only get info for the initial charge, not what the actual conviction was.

"The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing"...

roshea Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.