Cliff's Announcement and Company Transition

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by chemsoldier1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    If the money was there to build a dallas terminal it would have been built a long time ago. Here in Texas to be an effective trucking outfit you need to have a viable full service terminal somewhere in DFW. That facility in Denton doesn't count even if they did extend it a little.

Thomas0810 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    good point jtannillo, i live in Mckinney just north of Dallas.Drive around Dallas and you will notice all the major players have huge hubs in Dallas.Werner,Schneider,Celadon,JB Hunt etc,etc.I noticed lots of Schneider trailers at the Dallas Yard lately.The security guard even said some of our drivers had been shuttling them to the yard also.Dont know what thats all about though.

4. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

has anyone been to vandalia lately and seen the new refer trailer with the 1-800-go-schneider sign on the back????

5. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I have worked for Schneider as well. I drove a cabover for them about 12 years ago. Shneider is putting sensors on their trucks to limit idling. They do not have APU's. They do have bunk heaters. But they drain the batteries after about 3 to 4 hours. Alot of Schneider drivers are leaving because of that. Don Schneider died not to long ago. He was the only one that watched after the drivers. The bean counters are in control now.

6. chemsoldier1

chemsoldier1 Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    It may be a lease space agreement. We have space share agreements with several companies. Most everybody knows about the ABF yards but we also have usage of CR England terminal in Salt Lake City, UT (Been there), CR England can use Vandalia and Van Buren as well, and I believe South Holland. We also use the Knight terminal in Hutchins, TX just south of the Loves on I45.

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    "Each of those accomplishments is core to our strategic plan, which is to reposition our Company from providing primarily long-haul truckload service---- "Cliff Beckham CEO USA Truck from USA Truck 2010 annual report.

Lets look at his statement. He just sold some iron and some lanes to Celedon, he lost his arse on some intermodal leases and had to turn equipment in and his stock price is in the toilet. He has 28m in liquid to run the place which is not much money the way he's bleeding cash.

If not a long haul truck load carrier and not an intermodal player then what exactly is he going to do / be? Corner the local market in Van Buren?

8. jtannillo

jtannillo Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No, I don't. I think people seem to forget most experts are predicting the US economy will take a nosedive after the first of the year. Look at this list of planned layoffs. I also look for the large carriers to cut rates too. With USA Truck's huge debt I just don't see them surviving. Lets face it! They hocked the company to secure that loan. Their board and upper management can't seem to be able to run a multimillion dollar company. What do you hang hope on? When this credit is consumed then what? Albert Einstein once said insanity was doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. Can someone please tell me what this company is really doing different today?

10. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    One more thing. Before somebody gets all angry and tells me of their miles please remember my comments are based on the company debt! It is getting larger not smaller. Management does not know how to tighten their belts and operate within their means. Nothing good will come from this! This country's economy is about to take a dump. Company after company is announcing layoffs. I once said the company's drivers should stay because you will be needed. I am after tonight changing my opinion. If I were tonight a USA Truck driver I would start tomorrow looking for another job. I don't think 2013 will be kind to USA Truck, and I would jump ship ASAP. The idiots running this company ran it into the ground!

11. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Can somebody please tell me just what was the company total debt on their last report and how much is left of their credit limit?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.