common courtesyy among truckers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by alohaspirit, Mar 16, 2018.

1. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Anything to increase being seen by the blind out there, from what I have seen they need to magnetize vehicles so the repel each other, not attract like they have it now. It could be some afraid of them switches, like turn signals, dimmers,.. just watch the police drive around.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    hmm, not one that I've ever driven. Every one of 'em has had the front marker lights on instead. The majority that I see in Ontario are the same.

4. tinytim

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Most come over too early so I don't flash 'em over when they're already there. :)

I always thank the one's that flash me over.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Hey wait, flash me over with the brights as I eyeing that corner for cars whipping in.

6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    There have been times where it's the middle of the night with very few vehicles and just as I'm passing a guy they flash or blink lights a bunch of times. It looks to me like I literally just got ahead of them by only a few feet and there is no rush to move right in front of them and then have the their truck on my bumper, but they're enthusiastic about signalling me over when I'd rather wait to be further ahead; especially if there aren't cars coming in behind me.

When the roles are reversed, I might blink(not flash) someone over, but I just prefer to wait until they're ahead a few car lengths ahead. In the city if things are much slower and congested though that's different.

Wingnut1 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  7. tinytim

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Yep, get that quite often. I flash them a thanks but stay left until there's more space.

8. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    the law sez the hot chicks gotta flash. put em on the glass....

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  9. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I turn off head lights, and daytime running lights stay on.

But, I only signal the other driver to come over if I believe the tailgater behind him is going to get up in his blind spot...

If no tailgater, no courtesy from me... I prefer they not be in front of me.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Daytime running light law up there???

Unbelievable...:biggrin_25521:

11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    For many years I used to roll my right side mirror a bit outward when I passed another truck. I maintained my lane until I was satisfied there would be no light flash. Then I would roll it back and make sure I had the lane to move to the right. Going all the way back to my teens sharp bright flashes caused me to have intense pain right behind my eyes that would start moving into my temples. I went for years under the assumption it was a retina issue until my Epilepsy diagnosis. When I drove at night I also wore something like these glasses in the below photo.

[​IMG]

They helped me a lot. Those sudden unexpected bright beams can cause pain behind the eyes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.