Companies giving more home time

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Sonny B, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Sonny B

Sonny B Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2023
    We all know the standard practice is 1 day home per 1 week out so for being out for 3 weeks you only get 3 days home which is insane. But I know a few companies that care about drivers personal life a bit more.

Crete/Schaffer gives you 1 day per 6 days.

Roehl gives you 3 days per 12 days, 4 days per 18 days, 5 days per 24 days or 6 days per 30 days.

Central Oregon gives you 5 days home a month.

Dot Foods has a few schedules like 6/6, 3/3 and 6/3.

When I used to drive for Western Express my dm told me I can get 1 day more if I do at least 2000 miles a week which was not a problem. So I was like 3 weeks out, 4 days home.

Please add to the list guys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    DOT also has a "4 on, 4 off" option.

But I can't say what the pay is like.

-- L

4. Sonny B

Sonny B Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2023
    Yea I’ve been thinking about Dot Foods for a long time because it seems like the pay is actually decent despite the fact you work for such a little time. My biggest question though is the availability of those schedules by city-state. Because every time I visit their website it always shows that the only place in America where schedules like that available is Albuquerque.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Schneider OTR Tankers 6 days off per month.

Sonny B Thanks this.
  6. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Dart is flexible on home time. The rule is 1 day/week but I always put in for 48 hours and nothing is said except OK.

7. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    The old 7/1 ratio may be coming back with some of these companies as the economy slows, and there’s more drivers looking for work. But over the past couple of years, I found that the flexibility being offered by most of these companies was much more. Let’s be real, most drivers want more than 3-4 days of home time a month. Just a recipe for burnout in my opinion.

8. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    I stay out 28 days. 8 full days off. Paid time off. If you get less than that you are getting ##### slapped. You are meat to your company.

Lennythedriver Thanks this.
  9. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    The only thing that isn’t ideal when it comes to extended home time is you gotta clean the truck out every time you go home and it’s hit and miss what kind of truck you get when you go back out again. You could get one after a total slob and your whole trip is ruined knowing there’s a high probability you just got bed bugs.

10. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Same, 1st year I got a total 160 hours paid time off at $33 an hour. I’ve used none so far though…Rolls over to next year and doubles in third if not used. Also, doesn’t matter how long you’re off, or take off, or even if you’re out on medical leave, your truck is your truck and they don’t touch it. I have known drivers at my company, that have had their truck sit for three months. They don’t touch it….You all need to get with it, stop letting them rip you off.

11. Sonny B

Sonny B Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2023
    See guys? That’s why I wanna do lease/lease purchase. Extended home time + I’m the only one who drives the truck + decent money. Well, at least this is how it looks like on paper.

natedogg323 and FearTheCorn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.