Company paid CDL recommendation

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Bladshel, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Bladshel

Bladshel Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2017
    We don't have APU's but I idle when I need to. They've never said anything. I love in Tennessee just west of Nashville. They get me home whenever I need to be.

nomadatheart Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nomadatheart

nomadatheart Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Evans, Colorado
    Could I use an Illinois address to get hired on then make my move to Tennessee at some point after employment? I have family in Illinois I could technically move there then apply.

4. Bladshel

Sep 14, 2017
    We run through Illinois quite a bit, it's probably in the hiring area. I would call and see.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You can do that, but study hard for the pre-trip inspection. Illinois and New Jersey love to fail anyone trying to get a cdl. They fail you for calling an "air pressure indicator" an "air guage" and other silly things. You can do the Illinois cdl, but always keep in mind, the DMV is not your friend and looks for any reason to flunk you. They do this to drivers with many years experience that are trying to switch their cdl to an Illinois cdl. It can be done though and Millis does hire in Illinois.
    FFE (Frozen Food Express) has cdl school in Illinois at Prairie State College. You can graduate there and be issued an IL CDL and not have to worry about switching it over from some other state.
    Millis is probably best though for your overall plan.

6. Bladshel

Sep 14, 2017
    I took my CDL test up in Wisconsin.. you can either take your test in your home state, or you can go to a third party instructor and do it.. I didn't wanna chance it with Tennessee and their DOT lol

CJ701 and nomadatheart Thank this.
  7. Gonzo1300

Gonzo1300 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I spoke to Schneider just last week and the recruiter said they only reimburse for training now. That is who I wanted to jump on with first if they done the training simply because of their Regional runs that they have down here next to South Carolina and Georgia. But if you read all their website stuff they act like they still have a CDL training school

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think Schneider does have one cdl school in Gary, Indiana but it's for students living in a small area around Chicago. Yes, the website is misleading.

nomadatheart and Gonzo1300 Thank this.
  9. Gonzo1300

Gonzo1300 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah the website even has a picture of a truck on a training course lol. Ahhhh the wonderful mind of a recruiter

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.