Company won’t pay back my deposit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mtrucker, Dec 7, 2018.

1. mtrucker

mtrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2018
    Hey guys,
    Pls help. Where I can report my company any special agency or department (Chicago, IL) they don’t want to pay my deposit back. They took it when I just started working for them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Are you talking about an escrow account? If so they have 45 days to return it minus any charges back to you. You also need to turn in company decals off your truck, license plates, all your logs and paperwork. It's in the regulations 49 CFR 376.12 - Lease requirements.

(k)Escrow funds. If escrow funds are required, the lease shall specify:

(1) The amount of any escrow fund or performance bond required to be paid by the lessor to the authorized carrier or to a third party.

(2) The specific items to which the escrow fund can be applied.

(3) That while the escrow fund is under the control of the authorized carrier, the authorized carrier shall provide an accounting to the lessor of any transactions involving such fund. The carrier shall perform this accounting in one of the following ways:

(i) By clearly indicating in individual settlement sheets the amount and description of any deduction or addition made to the escrow fund; or

(ii) By providing a separate accounting to the lessor of any transactions involving the escrow fund. This separate accounting shall be done on a monthly basis.

(4) The right of the lessor to demand to have an accounting for transactions involving the escrow fund at any time.

(5) That while the escrow fund is under the control of the carrier, the carrier shall pay interest on the escrow fund on at least a quarterly basis. For purposes of calculating the balance of the escrow fund on which interest must be paid, the carrier may deduct a sum equal to the average advance made to the individual lessor during the period of time for which interest is paid. The interest rate shall be established on the date the interest period begins and shall be at least equal to the average yield or equivalent coupon issue yield on 91-day, 13-week Treasury bills as established in the weekly auction by the Department of Treasury.

(6) The conditions the lessor must fulfill in order to have the escrow fund returned. At the time of the return of the escrow fund, the authorized carrier may deduct monies for those obligations incurred by the lessor which have been previously specified in the lease, and shall provide a final accounting to the lessor of all such final deductions made to the escrow fund. The lease shall further specify that in no event shall the escrow fund be returned later than 45 days from the date of termination.

Grumppy, MachoCyclone, TB John and 2 others Thank this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Deposits are rarely paid back quickly if at all. They can find dozens of reasons to hold all or part of it, as well. (This is especially true of the smaller and/or "less reputable" outfits) If you did your part and didn't screw them over as much as they screwed you over, you will hopefully get it back

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Explain this deposit thing. Were you an O/O? On a lease? Company driver? How much money are you talking about?

roshea, TB John and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    One post wonder.

Badmon and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, inquiring minds want to know......

8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Call the authorities at the Kremlin. They’ll see that you get your cabbage back!

Lonesome and sevenmph Thank this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    When it says Bobtail assume the worst.

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

They were last seen 2 minutes after posting their first post. This looks a job for.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.