Concerned about Getting Hired With Tickets

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by mlb0805, Dec 21, 2018.

1. mlb0805

mlb0805 Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2018
    I live in New Jersey.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    New Jersey; never heard of the place.....lol
    Contact Roadtex Transportation and ask if they'll hire you when you graduate from cdl school. Roadtex has a terminal in Somerset, NJ.
    Western Express might also hire you.
    If you're concerned, ask before you start school.

Omega1 Thanks this.
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Yea and they pay for your hotels and stuff... Give you per diem, retirement, not a big gig... but seriously Greyhound would tell you to take a hike with 5 tickets in 2 years... especially the cell phone ticket... You should be fine with those 2015 tickets are now 3 years old... Just don't get anymore!

5. The3SomeTrailer

The3SomeTrailer Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2018
    Can I ask a noob, rookie, dopey question?

Do I need to take a mandated class, school, etc, to get a Class A - CDL in Georgia? I plan on running an F450 with a 3 car wedge.

I am having a hard time getting a solid answer. Some say I just need to pass 2 tests; one written and one driving.

Other sources say I need to physically attend a class for "x" amount of hours etc. If so, how many hours is this course and the average cost? Can it be done online?

Again, sorry.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I interviewed for charter one time. The owner of that outfit in Manchester Maryland made it clear I was not welcome even though I had no trouble dealing with 50 people and so forth. That was not the issue. The interview was not going to be successful long before I got to the office anyway. Anyone trying to run for that spinster would have regretted it anyway. It's too bad.

I see that others have and you yourself know enough to stay way from school bus driving. The amount of things they have to put up with just to touch one in our local School Bus yard is unbelievable. I suppose it is a product of a system when you hand 50 futures over to a 22 year old route driver to school in the morning. You don't want anything bad to happen. My school busing in the deaf school was via a contract and at times we rented a cessna or archer and flew home from school when the weather allowed it. No bus needed.

Any time you can clear a CDL in your own pocket with your own cash money without any contracts or silly recruiter certified anything is a positive for you. School teaches you just enough to get the CDL test done. Your real education begins at the first load you are assigned.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No; once it's been posted it's there forever.

9. The3SomeTrailer

The3SomeTrailer Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2018
    Forgive me I am new as you can probably see. This is the first one I see.

10. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    To be honest, I don't see you having too much difficulty. I wouldn't expend all the doors to open for you but you shouldn't have too difficult of a time.

I would probably pass on the application simply because of the cellphone violation from a year ago. A distracted driver is not what I'm looking for.

11. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Companies are mostly concerned with reckless driving tickets. Passing stopped School Busses. Excessive speed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.