Considering a trucking career

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TXDriver79, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    She will have to choose.....lol
    Lone Star Transportation in Ft. Worth is a good one.
    www.daseke.com has a few to choose from.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lone Star’s Flatbed Driver Training
    If you’re an OTR driver with one year of experience, then you’re ready to move into Lone Star’s high-paying flatbed trucking jobs! We’ve designed orientation and training programs just for you.
    We pay all expenses: travel, meals and on-site lodging for you and your significant other – PLUS $750 A WEEK during orientation and training. When you’re finished — MAKE MORE MONEY!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    homeskillet Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, let me know how that works out. I gave the ex that same ultimatum, and guess what, she sued me for divorce. For what, doing my job, she knew I was a trucker when she met me. 17 years later, she had enough. Luckily by then, I had enough of her, as well.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some guys have all the luck! Sometimes is great to start fresh, at any age.

201 Thanks this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, I lost my cool '72 small window Pete ( in avatar) thanks to that #itch. I've had good luck in my life, that situation wasn't one of them.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Could be worse. O.J. got away with murder then still turned around and plopped his ### in a jail cell.

201 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  8. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    The cool thing about that one is you could put them in any order and it's still plausible.

homeskillet and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    And this is why I am glad I am already single. Ive always thought trucking was a single's job anyway. Drivers that are happily married and on the road; good on them, that's a good marriage.
    Out of curiosity, why not take your wife with you on the road? That's what I would do if I ever got back into a relationship.

201 Thanks this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Um, triple post? Silly question, 1st, my ex hated trucks and trucking 2nd, I was always a regional driver, P&D, so no place for her. When I had my sleeper, I took the family down to Chicago one evening to swap wagons, in 15 minutes, my son and ex were sound asleep, and me and my daughter "2 personed it". She really enjoyed that. But except in rare cases, that usually doesn't work out well.:biggrin_25516::biggrin_25518:

11. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Yep, I accidently triple posted. It didn't respond, so I just kept hitting the "post reply" button. turned out, the posts were going through; I just wasn't getting feedback on it. Whoops.
    Anyways; back on topic. Ive had a date or two not go beyond the first time out because of being a truck driver.
    The drives with your Daughter sounded like they were pretty interesting though. :)

201 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.