Coolest pick up or delivery spot you have been to?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by feldsforever, May 7, 2021.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Picked up cinders at an ancient volcano near Des Moines, NM.

IMG_20200312_153000587_HDR.jpg

Smut, Hammer166, slow.rider and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    There are caves in Carthage, MO. Also been to some in Indiana and the Dickies company has one in West Virginia just south of the Pennsylvania border.

4. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Wow, all these places. The picures sure do beat these big ware house parking lots. Thanks every one

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  5. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Green River Filtration Facility, Tacoma, WA. You just drive up this gorge following the river, with high walls of evergreens on each side. Narrow road. I was afraid it was the wrong place cause I couldn't see how I would turn around. Beautiful and very quiet.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Geospace is underground mines used for storage at Independence, MO.

Haven't been there in well over a decade.

slow.rider, feldsforever and bzinger Thank this.
  7. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Americold was pretty cool. set around oh you know 12 or so hours before I was unloaded . Got see people smoke and listen to rap music every 15 minutes

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    One of my best deliveries was to a place in Maine. During my first year I was given a 'critical load', I showed up to the shipper in eastern Ohio for a quick d/h then boggie as far as possible so I could get to the consignee in a single shift. Load wasn't just not loaded, it wasn't produced yet. I backed into dock, went off duty, ate dinner, then to bed. Got woken up to sign the paperwork/pull out of the dock. As soon as my ten was up I ran hard to get to the consignee, using every trick I knew to cheat the AOBR. Before I started I sent a message asking if I could park at the consignee, if I could possibly get there. I got a the "yeah, sure", and being "young and dumb", I rolled into the consignee well past what a truck governed at 60 mph could drive in 11 hours.

It was dark when I rolled in, a small plant with two docks. Turns out it was in fact, CRITICAL. The totes I had on board prevented the small manufacturer from shutting their line down. I put myself in a dock, tossed the screens in and crashed into the bunk. I woke to the smell of pine trees and salt water. I pulled the curtains and got to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic/whatever bay of water. Then the (I assume) owner showed up with an egg strata and coffee to thank me for the extra effort.

It's one of those moments that I go back to every time I get the short end of the stick.

9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    During the winter of 2014 I took a temp job with a rancher in Montana moving 30 oversized hay loads from Dickinson ND to Stevenson Angus in Hobson mt .
    They had cattle scattered all over remote areas around Hobson and Lewistown.
    It's very hilly there and the paved roads are narrow receiving little winter maintenance, once on the gravel all bets were off and that ended when I would get to a dirt path that was either muddy , frozen or snow drifted for the last leg into the Bush to unload ....sometimes upwards of a mile and up steep hills .
    Had plenty of iffy moments but only had 1 instance when I had to back up about a mile cause I couldn't get up a hill even with chains.
    You'd surprised where you can go with a 379 pete and a step deck .
    Unloading and loading in the wind and cold was sometimes brutal .
    The boss was good to me and paid well .

10. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I delivered to Lucasfilm. They were just moving in and telling me George Lucas just bought the entire block of old building to remodel. I was just delivering desks for future employees to work at. The amazing thing was the location. It has to be the most expensive property in USA. Just seemed like odd place to put Lucasfilm but if you have probably unlimited money to spend I guess that not a problem. My delivery was in the Presidio that's basically San Francisco. It was old military base I believe. It was cool place to deliver. Just seem like why would anyone pick, what must be the most expensive place to build. Maybe George Lucas lived around that area and money would not be a problem.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    slow.rider, feldsforever and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Springfield MO has caves too, "Springfield Underground". That's the only caves I've been in.

IMG_20210519_064847141.jpg

IMG_20210519_065907333.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.