Cost of shutting down.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by buckawsomeshot, Dec 3, 2019.

1. buckawsomeshot

buckawsomeshot Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2019
    HAHAHA I looked those up. maybe i will just take this job as a Driver/welders helper on the pipline

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Wake up at 2AM at a rest area in South Dakota, strong winds and 0 degrees.

Do you get all dressed up and walk to the bathroom or do you piss in an empty water bottle and go back to sleep?

No wrong answer, just saying. I drive at all different hours. So im used to waking up whenever. If I did the former, by the time I got back to the truck I would be wide awake. Body would think it's time to start working.

That and I drink a lot of coffee and i just got tired of holding it all the time.

Also piss jugs are just kind of funny.

Showering, if you drive solo you have a 10 hour break everyday at least you can shower.

Team driving its a little harder. If you are the night driver you wont find parking over night to shower. You can shower in the morning during driver change sometimes. Depends on variables. I average shower 1 every 3 days depending on the run im doing. Sometimes more, every now and then less.

Truckermania Thanks this.
  4. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Screenshot_20191204-144309.png the piss jug is to a trucker as a helmet is to a soldier . You haven't driven a truck if you haven't pissed in a jug. It's merely impossible. The piss jug is a part of a trucker and forever will be.

FlaSwampRat and TravR1 Thank this.
  5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Way of the road

asphaltreptile311 Thanks this.
  6. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

But it doesn't have to be everywhere you look. Have some decency and throw them in the trash, not on the shoulder or in a parking area.

Numb, Truckermania and 201 Thank this.
  7. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    BS

8. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    I can't always take a show where I'm at now I usually get in between 3-5 hours of sleep I try to go home if I can get more then 5 in the truck and shower and try and get back to the truck for a couple Zzz before heading back out.
    I got a real tight schedule but I try to atlest piss on my tire before or after I get loaded

9. buckawsomeshot

buckawsomeshot Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I have woken up plenty of times in a tent or CHU in Iraq got dressed in compliance with military uniform policy walked 500 yards to go take a piss. Must Don’t think it would be that difficult to throw on a pair of shorts flip flops and a t-shirt. And wander to a bathroom.

10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Yeah depending on your parking spot, some rest areas will give you about a 500 yard walk.

Hopefully you arent simply throwing on shorts and flip flops to hit a rest area bathroom in a northern blizzard. I dont agree most people would be OK with that since I have never seen someone dressed like that in 0 or negative degree high wind.

Either way, you wont catch me doing it.

11. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Your right, its not a biohazard in anyway. Overly dramatic people just think it is.

It has less bacteria than tap water. You can clean a wound pissing on it if you dont have access to water. And I'm told its a threat to public health? LOL

I keep it to myself and I throw my jugs away, all the way into a garbage can.

It stinks and littering is rude. No more than that.

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.