CR England...Cedar Hill, Tx location

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BigPig, Dec 11, 2016.

1. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I knew more than my "Phase 2 Lead" as soon as I stepped on the truck. There are some folks out there that should not be trainers or even leads...that's for sure, but it has almost as much to do with the students ability, or willingness to learn as it does the person doing the teaching.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Got my upgrade completed and I've been enjoying a few days at home with the wife. I should be getting a call today from my DM with instructions on picking up my truck. Hopefully they'll have one available in Cedar Hill/Waxahachie and I won't have to go down to Laredo or up to Salt Lake City to pick one up.

In any case...I'm happy with C.R. England so far. That being said...there are options available after I fulfill my contract (6 months). While we were visiting with my sons future Father-In-Law yesterday I found out he has a good buddy in the Oil/Gas industry up in Oklahoma. He pretty much assured me he could get me hired on with him after my 6 months...ill just need my tanker and hazmat endorsement. Not a bad gig starting pay around $70K. We'll see.

Ugly and The Professional One Thank this.
  4. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Finally got me back on a truck. Partners a Phase 2 2nd seat but he's been one for a while it seems...due to upgrade soon I guess. Seems like a nice enough guy. Glad to be back out on the road making money. Got a drop here in Fort Worth...then head to Waco for a pick up bound for Laredo. Easy drive...I think that one was a solo load...it's only 6 1/2 hour and not due till tomorrow morning. Anyway...good to be back at it.

The Professional One Thanks this.
  5. Cal45

Cal45 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I'm curious, I'm going to cre in may. The California class, in phase 2 how many miles are you averaging a week?

6. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Man...that's gonna be dependent on your DM and what fleet your in. You'll get more miles in a national fleet than a regional. I probably averaged 4000 to 5000 miles a week on my truck while I was in
    Phase 2

7. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Dropped that first 2nd seat off in SLC for upgrade and picked up another for about a week before I dropped him in SC for his home time. I've been running solo for a few days now. Up here in PA Waiting on a load that the Hershey plant is WAY behind on. That ones going to Kentucky. I assume I'll be picking up another 2nd seat somewhere soon...but I'm enjoying the solo time for right now.

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Just curious why CRE?

9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Can't
    Really
    Explain

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  10. Cal45

Cal45 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I've changed my mind after talking with Jim Palmer trucking. They guarantee 600 a week during the first 10000 miles with an instructor and 700 a week for the next 20000 then you go solo at .40 per mile

11. BigPig

BigPig Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Ran solo for about a week and swapped an empty for a load out of the England yard in Conley, Ga. bound for Newburgh, Ny. I figured I'd pick up a second seat at the school in Ga., but nope...I'm picking up a guy who just finished his home time...I'm picking him up in uptown NYC in the morning. I've heard horror stories about NYC and I'm not looking forward to this...especially since I'm not even delivering a load...or maybe that's a blessing, lol, idk. Either way...I'll be driving on the island tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. I told the guy to be packed and ready...I'd be picking him up on some street corner near his home...only stopping long enough for him to hop in...I may only slow to a roll...haha!

SHOJim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.